Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   tip for feeder steers. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/tip-feeder-steers-82776/)

jhelms 01-29-2013 02:25 PM

tip for feeder steers.
 
We butcher two steers every year. We feed them out with a steer feed mix until about 900 lbs or so. One thing passed down that many do not know, the last couple weeks before butchering add a splash of Apple cider vinegar to the feed daily to pre tenderize the meat.

nitestalker 01-29-2013 02:31 PM

No! I don't care for "Pickled" beef!:D I give them a shot of Tenn. Whiskey everyday. I just love JD flavored steaks.;)

jhelms 01-29-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1114843)
No! I don't care for "Pickled" beef!:D I give them a shot of Tenn. Whiskey everyday. I just love JD flavored steaks.;)

Not a bad idea! Be easier to catch em when it comes time to cut em up!

Mosin 01-29-2013 03:54 PM

If you were in china, you would beat it for days, skin it alive, set it on fire, and then eat it.

jhelms 01-29-2013 04:18 PM

If I were in China, I'd want to do that to myself.

winds-of-change 01-29-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1114908)
If you were in china, you would beat it for days, skin it alive, set it on fire, and then eat it.

That's terrible...........

Mosin 01-29-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1115186)
That's terrible...........

Lol... you need to seriously spend some time on Liveleak... The Chinese are not animal friendly.

winds-of-change 01-29-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1115195)
Lol... you need to seriously spend some time on Liveleak... The Chinese are not animal friendly.

NO!!! I would not get any sleep. You're making me sick even thinking about this stuff. http://smileydatabase.com/s/345.gif

hiwall 01-29-2013 10:30 PM

I'm sorry to have to tell you Winds that the world is not a nice place.

orangello 01-29-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1115216)
NO!!! I would not get any sleep. You're making me sick even thinking about this stuff. http://smileydatabase.com/s/345.gif

Ever bought a fur-collared coat at Burlington Coats? What kind of fur do you think that was, FROM CHINA?

Yup.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.