The Test of TIME
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > The Test of TIME

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default The Test of TIME

No nation has ever survived the test of time, that is historical fact. We in the U.S. are no different. Our nation is in severe turmoil and getting worse by the month. We are ripe for the pickings. I don't intend on writing a thesis on our debt, our unrestrained spending, our instant gratification and not saving, our non-manufacturing country, our dependency on foreign goods and services and oil, not closing our borders to disease and additional welfare, unemployment at 20%, not the 9.1% the government wants you to believe, etc. etc. We are living on borrowed time my fellow gun enthusiasts. From ancient times to present, you are only as powerful as what you own or have access to. The average American citizen's net worth is in the negative. Last check, our government has each and every U.S. citizen $32,130.00 in debt, and grossly climbing. We are called the richest nation on earth, B.S. We are the most indebted nation on earth and have the least. The government, banks, and lending institutions own it all. And who owns most of those institutions? HINT: China and other foreign countries owning our debt.

So, what should you do? That's your personal preference. I myself am just about prepared with a years supply of everything necessary to survive. If you believe everything will keep going as it always has, I sincerely hope and pray you're correct. If nothing else, every family should be prepared for a natural disaster, and have a minimum of one weeks supply of water, food, medicine, toilet paper, etc.

The time of denomination as a super power are over. Finances dictate how powerful a nation is. We are not a collective one minded nation anymore. We are severely divided morally, financially and politically.

I'm a senor citizen. In my life time I fully expect to see the destruction of the American dream. The middle class has all but been wiped out, by design. By law, the World Trade Organization (WTO), supersedes any U.S. law and the Constitution. Don't believe me, do some research and check it out!

Off my soap box. Are YOU prepared?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Well said Dennis!

I too, think the end is nigh.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I don't think the END is nigh, but the end of an era very well may be. And while no country lasts forever, we're still a very young country. Most of Europe is older than us and they seem to be fine. This isn't the first time we've had a hard spot, nor is it the worst time, nor is it the first time people thought the U.S. was going under. However, I think I'm decently prepared.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 09-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Ploofy's partly right. We're nearing the end of an era. Where we go from here is unknown and that has a lot of people on edge right now. But it is clear that what we have been doing is unsustainable.

It does bear mentioning that while there are plenty of older nations, our constitution is the oldest constitution still in use today. So just because there are nations called China, France, England, etc. doesn't mean they are the same nations they were 100 years ago. They're not. It isn't the name some folks care about as much as the system of government that guards individual rights and liberties.

To answer the OP's question, I'm pretty acutely aware of what's going on as best the information from seemingly-reliable sources tells me, and I have taken measures to become far more self-sufficient than I ever have been before. The best thing to come out of my efforts is what's in my head, not what's stored on a shelf somewhere.

Last edited by bkt; 09-05-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
and I have taken measures to become far more self-sufficient than I ever have been before. The best thing to come out of my efforts is what's in my head, not what's stored on a shelf somewhere.
This, times a billion. If I didn't think you were deadset against gay marriage....

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis