Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Test of the Emergency Broadcast System ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/test-emergency-broadcast-system-51364/)

widowmaker 11-07-2011 06:45 PM

Test of the Emergency Broadcast System ?

I have been seeing a PSA about a test of the emergency broadcast system scheduled for Nov. 9 at 3 pm eastern time. And then I hear a carrier size asteroid is going to pass between the moon and earth on the 8th and 9th.

Maybe Mother Nature is about to clean house??

Man, this tin foil hat is hot.

neilage66 11-07-2011 06:51 PM

Have you not received your FEMA camp registration...errr reservation card via US Postal Service Priority Mail Envelope yet?

JTJ 11-07-2011 06:56 PM

If it should happen to hit the earth none of us will have anything to worry about.

Vincine 11-07-2011 06:58 PM

Well yeah, thereís the flying rock, but there also been an increase in civil and un-civil unrest around the world lately, not to mention a whole string of natural disturbances that just seem to keep coming. Iím guessing the Voice of Authority thinks maybe it should clear itís throat.

bkt 11-07-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 621788)
If it should happen to hit the earth none of us will have anything to worry about.

There's a silver lining in every cloud. :)

orangello 11-07-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 621830)
There's a silver lining in every cloud. :)

Next season on The Discovery Channel, "Flying Monkey Miners, out to get the silver linings...". :rolleyes:

I wonder, would the rock be a "planet killer" if it hit or just something to make a big earthquake and tidal wave. Would it fill the air with dust or steam, blocking sunlight?

trip286 11-07-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 621788)

Dude, there's this video game coming out midnight of the 11th, that I've been looking forward to for almost a year now. I really hope I get the chance to play it. But if that big ole rock hits us, I guess your right, at that point I really won't give a damn.

Vincine 11-07-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widowmaker (Post 621779)
And then I hear a carrier size asteroid is going to pass between the moon and earth on the 8th and 9th.

I hope they didn't forget to carry the 1.

bkt 11-07-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 621838)
Next season on The Discovery Channel, "Flying Monkey Miners, out to get the silver linings...". :rolleyes:

Yer a frickin' buzz-kill sometimes, you know that? :D

Firearms4ever 11-07-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 621853)
Dude, there's this video game coming out midnight of the 11th, that I've been looking forward to for almost a year now. I really hope I get the chance to play it. But if that big ole rock hits us, I guess your right, at that point I really won't give a damn.

I see I'm not the only one looking forward to playing Modern Warfare 3 ;).