A taste of SHTF - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > A taste of SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

If the SHTF, the last thing I want is a taste...

I know where I used to live up north, when it

started to snow, people went INSANE. Filling

three and four carts at a time, like adding an additional can

or two, every shopping trip, wouldn't be more sensible, WTF?

Nobody knows how it's really going to be, when the SHTF, but

if most folks stock up at home as poorly as they indicate, we

may only need a few days food, till all the numbnutz freak out, and

kill each other off. Maybe we'll luck out, and the anti-gun media

will practice their no-gun preaching, and get killed off,too.

Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #22

Liked 181 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Living in the metro Charlotte NC area, every time the weather idiots say the S word, the unprepped herd of cattle run to the local Foodlion and lay waste to the bread & milk aisle. This has always been a point of interest to me as these items have a very short shelf life oh well the cattle ain't known for having brains ( atleast that will keep the zombies away from them.....LOL ). When HUGO blew through this area, about 23 years ago, I lost power here for about 3 weeks but kept water as I live between 2 water towers with in 5 miles of the house. My girls & I still lived like we always do but 2 preteen females & no zoom zoom juice will drive you crazy but I survived also took care of my next door neighbors too that needed the help. Just takes a little planning, as most on this site are doing now or have done for years. Well got to go have 4 GREAT DANES looking for their morning walk. Mickey

Old 08-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #23

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

You guys in the N/E probably dont panic over a little snow. The Cincy area only get 1 0r 2 measurable snows a season. So the local weather personalities really try to get everybody worked up.......WHITE DEATH.....BUY BATTERIES......WHITE DEATH.....1 to 3 INCHES POSSIBLE.....CHECK ON THE ELDERLY...
Lol got to love the media hype. Last year was pritty bad. We got 34 inches over night. In the central part of CT. Thank god it was over the weekend. Dont want to miss work. ;-)

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 692 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
Living in the metro Charlotte NC area, every time the weather idiots say the S word, the unprepped herd of cattle run to the local Foodlion and lay waste to the bread & milk aisle…..
I’ve always wondered about that. I get this mental picture of cereal bowls full of Wonder bread and milk.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
You guys in the N/E probably dont panic over a little snow. The Cincy area only get 1 0r 2 measurable snows a season. So the local weather personalities really try to get everybody worked up.......WHITE DEATH.....BUY BATTERIES......WHITE DEATH.....1 to 3 INCHES POSSIBLE.....CHECK ON THE ELDERLY...
This is also he city that actually has an official "Sun Delay" to explain traffic slowing down for the Sun being "too" bright. WHAT??? I came from California. I thought this was a joke when I heard it. And for people that get snow two months out of the year, you'd think they could drive in it. NOPE! If it sticks, they're snowed in!!! And "terrible" fog is less than a mile of visibility. I used to drive in fog so thick the only thing visible was the tail lights on the car in front of you at 20 mph.

Nope, Cincinnati is officially the whimpiest, whiniest city when it comes to ANY weather or driving in it.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #26

Liked 181 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
I’ve always wondered about that. I get this mental picture of cereal bowls full of Wonder bread and milk.
I always thought of bowls full of bread pudding, now it the cattle went after bread & PBJ that does make since but go figure.....LOL

Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc
Well got to go have 4 GREAT DANES looking for their morning walk. Mickey
Wow. That's a lot of Great. I've only got one, myself, and love her to pieces. Great dog.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #28

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Its like that here , they call for 3" of snow and people bombard the only grocery store we have and its makes slim pickins here . We heep a pretty good stock pile of just every day food . We have stuff stored up for SHTF that would get us by for 30 days @ 3 meals per day . If you had to cut that to 2 meals we could go longer but my kids about eat us out of house and home already

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 08-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
Now if they buy eggs with the bread and milk then they got the fixin's for French toast, just like they do here in the St. Louis area!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 08-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Its like that here , they call for 3" of snow and people bombard the only grocery store we have and its makes slim pickins here . We heep a pretty good stock pile of just every day food . We have stuff stored up for SHTF that would get us by for 30 days @ 3 meals per day . If you had to cut that to 2 meals we could go longer but my kids about eat us out of house and home already
When I was stationed in Adak, AK if the sun came out, it was cause for the Captain of our base to announce a "Sun Day" and give everyone but the watch section the day off to go out and enjoy it!.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly