Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Sword vs FireArm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I AM good w a sword and have trained for years. And I can tell you that you would die in a hurry w that idea.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #22

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
I like the way u think sir
Thank you, but I am no Sir!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #23

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower

How did u stop smoking? Im finding it way hard?
I've been making my own smokes for a while now. My girlfriend doesn't smoke. My son has been asking me to quit. I feel like I can't even get close to family members. At my niece's birthday party, I had to stand like 30' away while she opened presents, because I was the only smoker there and I could smell it on myself . It was embarrassing.

Sunday evening, I ran out of filtered cigarette tubes to make my smokes with. I just made a conscious decision to not buy anymore.

It's hard. My son had asked me to pretty please go find a cigarette Monday afternoon. But now, 3 days into it, the irritability is fading, as are the urges. But I'm eating EVERY FREAKING THING I FIND. EVERYTHING!!!!. (period for extra emphasis). (and again).

Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #24

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I AM good w a sword and have trained for years. And I can tell you that you would die in a hurry w that idea.

which idea was that? i would like to hear more from you, as there aren't ANY trainin facilities around here of that sort.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #25

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

which idea was that? i would like to hear more from you, as there aren't ANY trainin facilities around here of that sort.
Running into a bunch of zombs w a blade. I trained for the tournies which they don't do anymore. I can use my sword for fencing, slashing, and a special technique called Calloqu. Calloqu is the style made specifically for that type of sword-bastard claymore.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've been making my own smokes for a while now. My girlfriend doesn't smoke. My son has been asking me to quit. I feel like I can't even get close to family members. At my niece's birthday party, I had to stand like 30' away while she opened presents, because I was the only smoker there and I could smell it on myself . It was embarrassing.

Sunday evening, I ran out of filtered cigarette tubes to make my smokes with. I just made a conscious decision to not buy anymore.

It's hard. My son had asked me to pretty please go find a cigarette Monday afternoon. But now, 3 days into it, the irritability is fading, as are the urges. But I'm eating EVERY FREAKING THING I FIND. EVERYTHING!!!!. (period for extra emphasis). (and again).

ur doin good, then. keep it up, and it will continue to get better. just try and find something else, something "healthy" to get "addicted" to............other than cigs and food. go over to the gym near Malone Stadium, watch the girls, and work out.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Old 10-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #27

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Pushups. They can be done anywhere...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Running into a bunch of zombs w a blade. I trained for the tournies which they don't do anymore. I can use my sword for fencing, slashing, and a special technique called Calloqu. Calloqu is the style made specifically for that type of sword-bastard claymore.

it's always been a fantasy (i guess you could say) of mine.

NOT sword fightin, but the acrobatics and fluid motion of martial arts with an added extension of yourself.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Pushups. They can be done anywhere...

lol. but not with that scenery.

look but don't touch.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #30

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

Many martial arts facilities would offer weapons training. Universities will offer fencing. Start there.