Sword vs FireArm - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Sword vs FireArm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post

The zombies I have seen sure are not slow. I mean why let them get close when u can pick them off at a couple hundred yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
If humans have a hard enough time not getting scratches and cuts in the REAL world, how hard is it gonna be in the Z world?? Remember, one speck of Z blood on so much as a scrape..BAM...your a Zombie.

Mele weapons in a Zombie world=impractical and dangerous.

I'll stick with my guns..just gives you another reason to stock up on ammo. :-)

i agree with this assessment, and have thought about it hard...............FULL BIKER LEATHERS, FROM HEAD TO TOE. dependin on thickness, somewhat bite-proof too.

according to "HOLLYWOOD," i can use tire irons, machetes, fire pokers, axes, etc, etc. i've seen only ONE effective melee weapon......Michonne, and it works FANTASTICALLY.

hollywood, yes, but it's awesome!

make sure y'all have silencers.........another sword advantage.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 10-25-2012 at 02:47 AM.
TWMIM Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #12

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Against actual Hollywood zombies from the past, before those undead bastards started Olympic sprinting, sure, it could be done. Whack two or three, take a smoke break, whack a couple more, drink a beer..

Screw a smoke break.
How did u stop smoking? Im finding it way hard?
Im way to outta shape for swinging swords. How about rigging a few swords on a bike or car that just keep in swinging... think of a helicopter
Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Against actual Hollywood zombies from the past, before those undead bastards started Olympic sprinting, sure, it could be done. Whack two or three, take a smoke break, whack a couple more, drink a beer..

Screw a smoke break.

yeah, i watched "that" movie the other night on Sci-Fi. creeped me out a bit...............fast f^ckers....AND kinda smart! Ving Rhames got his legs eaten off. LOL

if they're that fast, then we're all f^cked. better not get caught out in the open with them around. it would be hard to shoot more than one of them if they were closin on ya.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
How did u stop smoking? Im finding it way hard?
Im way to outta shape for swinging swords. How about rigging a few swords on a bike or car that just keep in swinging... think of a helicopter

i can't answer for trip, but i "quit" just a few months ago. it's been hard, sheer will power is the only thing i can say. i bought a pack a couple weeks ago, and smoked several while drinkin some beer. still have half that pack left though. they're so stale right now, all i have to do is smell them and they make me sick. don't want any.

there were a few times that i went and bought a pack and smoked a few out of it.......but instead of a day or two, the pack would last the full week. then i slowly weaned myself off them.

watch the food consumption though, it seems to be a replacement for most, when they quit smokin. the first time i tried to quit, about 2 years or so ago, i started eatin til i couldn't breathe. started smokin again, lost the weight, and now i have stopped again.

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 10-25-2012 at 02:58 AM.
TWMIM Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #15

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Not to mention to severe a limb or head with that type of blade requires a slicing motion (using the last inch-and-a-half or two) instead of just hacking. Unless you had a broadsword or claymore!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

i can't answer for trip, but i "quit" just a few months ago. it's been hard, sheer will power is the only thing i can say. i bought a pack a couple weeks ago, and smoked several while drinkin some beer. still have half that pack left though. they're so stale right now, all i have to do is smell them and they make me sick. don't want any.

there were a few times that i went and bought a pack and smoked a few out of it.......but instead of a day or two, the pack would last the full week. then i slowly weaned myself off them.

watch the food consumption though, it seems to be a replacement for most, when they quit smokin. the first time i tried to quit, about 2 years or so ago, i started eatin til i couldn't breathe. started smokin again, lost the weight, and now i have stopped again.
I go through spurts like u where I only smoke about one or two sticks a day then outta no where BOOM pack a day again. If I stop smoking I have to stop drinking as well. I think it turns into habit because I want a smoke after I eat, drink, sex, and while driving. Oh and at work. 12 hr midnight shifts get rough.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #17

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

If zombies are attracted to sounds and movement, then get a car out in a parking lot, crank the wheel, put it in reverse, jam the horn so it is continuously honking, jam the gas pedal to the floor, jump out, cook some popcorn, and watch the zombies walk into the cars path as it races around in a circle and plows them over.

(I saw something similar on cops, so it has to work)

Rinse and Repeat every day until all the zombies are gone, and Wah-lah!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

ur STILL "such a s!-!it!" lol

zombies would be alot more fun if they did that kind crap.......gun or sword.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV
If zombies are attracted to sounds and movement, then get a car out in a parking lot, crank the wheel, put it in reverse, jam the horn so it is continuously honking, jam the gas pedal to the floor, jump out, cook some popcorn, and watch the zombies walk into the cars path as it races around in a circle and plows them over.

I like the way u think sir

Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post

that's PERFECT! mmmmmmmmmmmm-yes, perfect!

saw that same episode, the window prolly wulda busted if he'd had a........WAIT FOR IT......SWORD. LMAO

GREAT idea tho.

set a bulldozer in S-L-O-W forward, close the doors to the cab, and ROCK N' ROLL!

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 10-25-2012 at 03:28 AM.
AsSeenOnTV Likes This