Surviving Disaster - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Surviving Disaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Shotguns?

If someone tried to invade this place with a shotgun, they better have a Bible in their pocket too because they are going to need last rights!

Before I got bitten by the AR bug, I was an avid large bore shooter. To that extent, many of my rifles are in calibers like .375H&H Magnum, .458 Win Mag, .460 Weatherby Mag. Why wait for them to get into shotgun range when you can shoot them through their getaway car?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Last edited by Gus556; 09-17-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:03 AM   #22

does anyone think its kinda odd how so many people and prophecies seem to point to 2012 and suddenly tv which is mostly controlled by conspiracy related companies is putting alot of survival shows and what to do if disaster strikes?

Old 09-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #23

and it does look like a good show hopefully it'll be packed with lots of really good information and insight on situations most of us dont think well ever get in so are completely unprepared for.

a failure to plan is a plan for failure

Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #24

Did anyone watch the "Home Invasion" episode last night?

What did you think?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #25

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss99 View Post
Did anyone watch the "Home Invasion" episode last night?

What did you think?
I was pretty dissapointed. Aside from the part where they talked about how to let the cops know whats going on without getting shot by either the BG or the LEO.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #26

i missed it. so it comes on on tuesday nights?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Didn't like the Home Invasion episode too much. It was catered to rich people who live in the suburb. Any one of us would have handled that situation a little differently; mostly because we all have more firepower than most home invaders. I didn't pick up any tricks/tactics that I didn't already know.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith84 View Post
i missed it. so it comes on on tuesday nights?
Yea. It was at 10pm, but they bumped it back to 11pm eastern

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #29

The portion where you are supposed to be driving your kidnapper somewhere while swerving at oncoming traffic and running stop lights/signs seems like nothing more than a good way to get shot in the face.

Id rather pull a Collateral (great gun movie btw) and do what Jamie Foxx did to Spaceman Cruise while they were in the taxi and Cruise pulled a gun...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss99 View Post
The portion where you are supposed to be driving your kidnapper somewhere while swerving at oncoming traffic and running stop lights/signs seems like nothing more than a good way to get shot in the face.

Id rather pull a Collateral (great gun movie btw) and do what Jamie Foxx did to Spaceman Cruise while they were in the taxi and Cruise pulled a gun...
Thats a good point. But you would probably get away with it at least once. Other then that, there are street lights to blow threw along with stop signs and the like.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun