Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Surviving Disaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Anyone else catch tonights show? Personally I thought it was pretty good consitering that they covered a scernario which has been widly publicised since 9/11. The way I'll guage this show is by how much I can pick up from scenarios I dont know/hear much about. Its coming back on right now for anyone who missed it but still wants to see it.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I saw the episode at a friends house.
Very good and informative show, but I think he should have tried to get to the cockpit a little quicker.
They also didn't mention (to my knowledge) anything about the rudder pedals, brakes, or flaps

Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
I saw the episode at a friends house.
Very good and informative show, but I think he should have tried to get to the cockpit a little quicker.
They also didn't mention (to my knowledge) anything about the rudder pedals, brakes, or flaps
They did not mention these things but Im pretty sure that Ground Control would have covered those things when they gave procedure. Remember, its not the traffic controller thats gonna give you directions to land, itll be a pilot who is (hopefully) proficent with that aircraft.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Good point BigByrd, I didn't even think about that.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #15

I just watched that episode. they didnt mention anything major for flying b/c they assume you will be using the auto pilot for most major movements. I actually kind of liked this show, i had my doubts and i still think its a little cheezy but overall it was good information that people dont think about. i figure since i learned something it was worth watching (121.5 is the emergeny freq...I did not know this). They have done a good job at making ok tv with a subject most would not watch.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh1022 View Post
I just watched that episode. they didnt mention anything major for flying b/c they assume you will be using the auto pilot for most major movements. I actually kind of liked this show, i had my doubts and i still think its a little cheezy but overall it was good information that people dont think about. i figure since i learned something it was worth watching (121.5 is the emergeny freq...I did not know this). They have done a good job at making ok tv with a subject most would not watch.
Im really looking forward to next weeks episode (Home invasion) to see if they are going to try to prepair you for the tactical military squad or more of a realistic break in. 3 episodes in and it gets a 3/5 star rating for giving information I hadnt thought to look for and being really entertaining!

BTW, where the hell is SS???

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Well, it is Spike TV. A channel for men, right? I don't think manly-men give a $#it about hope and change.

I care about Hope and Change!!!

I HOPE this administration will CHANGE soon!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #18

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i have not got to see this show yet...thanks JOB!...glad i have one..:/...but i would love to see spike come out with a show called man vs wild vs survivorman...bear grylls would so kick the s**t out of his harmonica blowing canadian a**...:0 that would be a good show...

Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #19

If those two were ever in a real survival situation Bear would be the first to go...in no way has he ever shown he could survive in the wild on his own. At least Les shows that he does the training and then practices true survival skills. For me its a big deal b/c I lead outdoor "adventure" trips and teach people how to actually enjoy the outdoors safely and the tips Bear gives out will get some one killed one day. However I see it like this...Man Vs Wild is an entertaining show, Survivorman is still a show but atleast has realistic tips.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #20

I'm interested to see the next episode on the 22nd "Home Invasion". They show a bunch of dudes running around a house with shotguns.

I guess it's a good thing they didn't try to film that at any of our houses. I'm betting an episode that’s only about 7 minutes long (mostly waiting for the meat wagon to haul away the organ donors) wouldn't be all that appealing to the general public.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte