Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > survival training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default survival training

As a young kid I read a lot of survival books and I used to try and make a lot of the traps and snares but most of the descriptions where really off and all I got were botched attempts to say the least. I'm looking for any sources of traps both man sized and game sized for well the apocalypse

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #2

Liked 1671 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

The "Royal Rangers" handbook has snare and traps in it. Go to an Assemblies of God church in your area. I was a teacher. Some really good stuff in there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Join the Military and pick an MOS where you have to go to S.E.R.E . Or better yet, become a S.E.R.E instructor.

Joking aside, just look for classes in your area. Watch some videos. Read some more books. The internet is a great tool for all of that.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 06-19-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456
Join the Military and pick an MOS where you have to go to S.E.R.E . Or better yet, become a S.E.R.E instructor.

Joking aside, just look for classes in your area. Watch some videos. Read some more books. The internet is a great tool for all of that.
+1 to sere.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
The "Royal Rangers" handbook has snare and traps in it. Go to an Assemblies of God church in your area. I was a teacher. Some really good stuff in there.
I'm not following the church part. I don't go to one but I've been there a couple of times

Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #6

SERE sucked while doing it . feeling of acomplishment when finished. and oh so hungry. look for old military survival books,parachute cord the go to string for traps and lots of other stuff. good luck

Old 07-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #7

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Google us army survival manual FM21-76

Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8393 Times on 3631 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

Parachute cord can be used as PART of a snare- but metal fishing line is for the part that catches the animal- they will chew thru 550 cord. Learn how to fashion an A trigger- uses a forked branch, notched on inside of fork, stick across the opening.

To be perfectly honest, the best traps are going to be made for that purpose- victor or conibear steel traps, or box traps for rabbits. Please be aware that if the world ain't done ended yet, trapping is regulated by state game laws, and needs a license.

As far as man traps- sorry bro, but in good conscience, I do not post instructions on building things like that on forums that can be accessed by 10 yr olds. Yeah, I know the info is out there- hell, watch the military channel- but I am not gonna be the one to post it.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.