Survival and Sustenance living
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Survival and Sustenance living

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Survival and Sustenance living

Sometimes I think we hope for the SHTF so we could shed this dull existence of our humdrum life. With the way things are we may get our wish or we may not, but this is about another kind of survival and sustenance living. Survival of everyday life. With the majority of people living in the cities the need for elbowroom becomes frustrating for most people. I have seen and know people who do live in rather large cities who have little or no room to plant a garden so they use flower boxes sitting on window seals.

Many pay exorbitant amounts of money for a dwelling that here in Radcliff we would call it a roach infested slum. Sometimes they work 2 jobs in order to just pay the bills, and maybe buy enough Ramon to keep there self’s from starving. Some really wish they could get away from that rat race and join the people who are lucky to have some space to breath in.

In cities and rural areas we are seeing multiple families pooling resources and living together so it makes it a tad bit easer for everyone. Though a lot less privacy, which I would love to have, sometimes the situation does not allow for it. I see now people who just a few years ago would of turned their noses up at going to Goodwill for cloths, shopping there most Saturdays when it is open. I never had a problem even when I made good money shopping at Goodwill for shirts.

I never got any pants at goodwill sense about the only pants they had were either 70 in the waste and 20 in length, or 20 in the waste and 70 in length so I never found pants that would fit me.

In tough times the status quo of individual living changes, to multiple family dwellings. This is not a new concept by far sense we have learned from history that our forefathers also lived in multiple family dwellings. Sharing of resources and security can be dated back for thousands of years.

Being able to raise a garden is a healthy idea, which is good for the pocket book, body, mind, and soul. But many of our countrymen are not that lucky. I count my self blessed for having some room to plant a garden and can survive.

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #2

Pay no attention to me, I am a stupid, racist, poser, moron.....

Last edited by Dillinger; 07-06-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 07-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

agreed......

Old 07-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #4

Thank-you..........