Survival Situation. Would you be willing to.... - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Survival Situation. Would you be willing to....

View Poll Results: Worst case scenario. Would you be willing to....
I cannot imagine a scenario that could cause me to abandon my morals or cross my beliefs. 5 21.74%
I can see myself becoming flexible in certain circumstances. 7 30.43%
There is no line I wouldn't cross to ensure the survival of myself and my family. 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluker View Post
this is complicated, but i think it's important. Providing for your family will only come from hard work and cooperation. Committing immoral acts no matter how apparent the need will not work and is only attempted by very short sighted people. If you rob from others in desperate times you will eventually be killed and then who would provide for your family?

Let's say you, by some miracle, do get away with killing people and taking their food. What happens when you run out of people to rob?

There are places where people appear to do what they have to do to survive. Somalia would be such a place. That's what happens when people abandon their morals. How long would your family last in a such a place? Would you want your family to be in such a place?

There is a passage from the bible that i'm going to paraphrase: God provides for all of the animals of the earth and they do not want. Do you not think he will provide for you? I have grossly restated that but i hope you get the point. Look at the animals that do just fine with nothing but instinct. Now think of the advantages we have over animals. We have a brain an and entire world of natural resources that provide everything we need. All that is required is a little knowledge and work. Wouldn't it be easier to just gain a little knowledge?

If things ever got really bad you could easily provide for your family assuming you have some knowledge and put in some effort, but that would be to survive. To prosper you would need a community. We are much more productive and happier when we cooperate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18391

Now that last few posts I can live with and now bow out.
Some of this has brought to me a familiar face , the DARK SIDE , I don't like him much and would rather laugh and tell Kool stuff of adventure.

Most of us are more than capable lest we ever have to test our back bones again........nuff...!

And best to all and our future.....!

Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #33

Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

The bottom line is this guys. You have no idea what you're capable of doing to survive...
Have any of you been starving to death? Been cold, wet and sick with no possible way to get medical attention? People when pushed or left no other options will do ANYTHING to survive. Don't think so? Look at Black Friday shopping... How quickly do customs and courtesies go right out the window...for SHOPPING non the less. Would you kill to survive? You can't say no until you're honestly put in that situation. The laws we have created for ourselves in the moral world will unfortunately parish when it comes down to survival. I hope we can prepare ourselves for that fact and the fact that people out there will not always want to work together, but look after themselves. We're all "wired" with our natural instincts, and laws, rules and religion don't always work with them. You have to keep a good mind state in order to ensure that happens. Most people aren't capable of doing this when put in a high stress situation or survival situation. Check your 6 and think hard because your neighbors may not live by the same rules as you.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #34

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default McKook

What you guys are missing is that Mr. McKook started this poll as a defensive reaction to better men's criticism of his position that as long as he has a gun he will take whatever he wants from those who have it to survive. Namely, murder and rob people.

I suspect in such a situation he, and other such evil cowards (who won't be looking for a fair fight), will be shot by someone's tween with a .22 and left to die a slow, introspective, death...

Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I would just like to point out that cannibalism is only stealing if you steal another cannibal's meal...or maybe his leg.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.