Survival Situation. Would you be willing to.... - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Survival Situation. Would you be willing to....

View Poll Results: Worst case scenario. Would you be willing to....
I cannot imagine a scenario that could cause me to abandon my morals or cross my beliefs. 5 21.74%
I can see myself becoming flexible in certain circumstances. 7 30.43%
There is no line I wouldn't cross to ensure the survival of myself and my family. 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1330 Times on 868 Posts
Likes Given: 2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Absolutely.
This is complicated, but I think it's important. Providing for your family will only come from hard work and cooperation. Committing immoral acts no matter how apparent the need will not work and is only attempted by very short sighted people. If you rob from others in desperate times you will eventually be killed and then who would provide for your family?

Let's say you, by some miracle, do get away with killing people and taking their food. What happens when you run out of people to rob?

There are places where people appear to do what they have to do to survive. Somalia would be such a place. That's what happens when people abandon their morals. How long would your family last in a such a place? Would you want your family to be in such a place?

There is a passage from the bible that I'm going to paraphrase: God provides for all of the animals of the earth and they do not want. Do you not think he will provide for you? I have grossly restated that but I hope you get the point. Look at the animals that do just fine with nothing but instinct. Now think of the advantages we have over animals. We have a brain an and entire world of natural resources that provide everything we need. All that is required is a little knowledge and work. Wouldn't it be easier to just gain a little knowledge?

If things ever got really bad you could easily provide for your family assuming you have some knowledge and put in some effort, but that would be to survive. To prosper you would need a community. We are much more productive and happier when we cooperate.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7567 Times on 4111 Posts
Likes Given: 15765

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

This is complicated, but I think it's important. Providing for your family will only come from hard work and cooperation. Committing immoral acts no matter how apparent the need will not work and is only attempted by very short sighted people. If you rob from others in desperate times you will eventually be killed and then who would provide for your family?

Let's say you, by some miracle, do get away with killing people and taking their food. What happens when you run out of people to rob?

There are places where people appear to do what they have to do to survive. Somalia would be such a place. That's what happens when people abandon their morals. How long would your family last in a such a place? Would you want your family to be in such a place?

There is a passage from the bible that I'm going to paraphrase: God provides for all of the animals of the earth and they do not want. Do you not think he will provide for you? I have grossly restated that but I hope you get the point. Look at the animals that do just fine with nothing but instinct. Now think of the advantages we have over animals. We have a brain an and entire world of natural resources that provide everything we need. All that is required is a little knowledge and work. Wouldn't it be easier to just gain a little knowledge?

If things ever got really bad you could easily provide for your family assuming you have some knowledge and put in some effort, but that would be to survive. To prosper you would need a community. We are much more productive and happier when we cooperate.
You, Sir, I could work with. "Behold the birds. They neither sow nor do they reap." I would never kill without reason or steal from those willing to share; but my children will not starve so long as I have knowledge of stores of food. Nor will they thirst if I know of a source of water.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

dango Likes This 
Old 03-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3333 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 18927

Charles Darwin said it best.................!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

After "VIEW POLL" I see blood-shed , so be it.........!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1330 Times on 868 Posts
Likes Given: 2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You, Sir, I could work with. "Behold the birds. They neither sow nor do they reap." I would never kill without reason or steal from those willing to share; but my children will not starve so long as I have knowledge of stores of food. Nor will they thirst if I know of a source of water.
A human can go 30 days without food. I would guess less for children, but the point is we can go for sometime. In that period of time you should be able to find substance for you and your kids without stealing. If you try and take the easy route of stealing, you will eventually be shot and killed and your family will be on their own. Would you seriously do that to them?

Like I originally posted, there are no lines to cross when protecting your family because that is a defensive act. I would try to help anyone I could in anyway I could if possible, but if you or anyone else tried to take the last bit of food from my family you would cease to exist in this world.

I'm glad you knew that verse. I hope you really understand it and believe it. If so there will never be a need for you to steal from anyone. Get a little knowledge and you will always be able to provide for your family and it won't ever be an issue. Sort of like the teach a man to fish thing.

Good thread. I hope you and others realize that stealing is not the answer, or at the very least I hope you question it.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #26

Liked 710 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
After "VIEW POLL" I see blood-shed , so be it.........!
Yup, just reiterates what we've been taught since childhood, strangers are not to be trusted. It's a shame it has to be that way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #27
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We are on the same page.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #28
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
We are on the same page.
For Tluker

Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

COME IN PEACE OR LEAVE IN PIECES , WE ready either way...........!

In a book I've read perhaps: Tis a good day to Die......!

Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 162 Posts

I'm going into the blackhole. I don't expect many people will be there with me. So, I don't expect to have many moral or ethical conflicts.