Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Survival Seeds (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/survival-seeds-46446/)

bizy 08-08-2011 06:13 PM

Survival Seeds

These packets of "Survival Seeds" are popping up every where. That is a great idea. We will all need food when SHTF. Kinda makes you wonder, what will we eat before our tomato and squash seeds mature..

CA357 08-08-2011 06:21 PM

A number of us have been buying and saving non-hybrid seeds. I have vacuum sealed most of mine.

BTW, I moved your thread to the survival forum.

bkt 08-08-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizy (Post 558309)
These packets of "Survival Seeds" are popping up every where. That is a great idea. We will all need food when SHTF. Kinda makes you wonder, what will we eat before our tomato and squash seeds mature..

I plan on eating the stuff I canned from the previous year's yield. Start food storage now while it's cheap and easy.

bizy 08-09-2011 03:02 PM

Stock Pile food

I am in the process of restocking my seeds and have a stash of canned food and just last month had a water well dug. I already have many guns and thousands of rounds for each guns. The only calibers I am stocking ammo for is .223, 9mm, .308, 12ga and colt 45acp. I'm not going any where so I don't need a BOB.. I am about as secure as I would be any where. Plenty of wild game, fresh water, good dog and plenty of guns and ammo. I HOPE I never need any of this.

CA357 08-09-2011 03:13 PM

I hope so too.

canebrake 08-09-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizy (Post 558941)
I'm not going any where so I don't need a BOB.. I am about as secure as I would be any where.

You may want to rethink the whole "...I don't need a BOB.." idea.

I have a similar philosophy, Hunker down and wait it out but not every situation can be covered with staying in place.

It's better to have a three day bag already assembled with forethought than to throw a kit together in a mad scramble.

If I wind up in some high-school gymnasium I don't want to think about my handgun back in my safe, should I need it!

bizy 08-09-2011 03:38 PM

Bob

Ya, my thought was head to the swamps and hunker down. However, my health is a big influence. I'm not able to just grab a bag and run.. I live in a very remote part of southern Ok. Between 2 large lakes on a dead end road. I don't have a choice, I have to stay put.

canebrake 08-09-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizy (Post 558964)
Ya, my thought was head to the swamps and hunker down. However, my health is a big influence. I'm not able to just grab a bag and run.. I live in a very remote part of southern Ok. Between 2 large lakes on a dead end road. I don't have a choice, I have to stay put.

What about tornado's?

willshoum 08-09-2011 03:43 PM

Not Me....

I hope you are following whats happening around the world...... UK on fire.. Believe me when I tell you that you will shoot your neighbors before the day comes when you no longer have an escape route. Unless you all ready live in your bunker. And no one and I mean no one knows where it is...The britts are cutting welfare and dead head jobs. So now you see what will happen here with all the people here in the same boat.......:mad:

bizy 08-09-2011 03:58 PM

tornatos

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 558965)
What about tornado's?

Im not afraid of the weather.. Weather dont steal my stuff or shoot at me. Been through 2 tornatos. Just hunker down until it passes. At least you get an advanced notice with tornados, unlike earthquakes and tsunamis.