Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Survival basics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 961 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Another idea is to gain the knowledge to make dams, stupefying agents, containment areas to trap fish. These can be made on the spot and don't need any gear, really, except for a knife.

Also, hooks and line can suffice, do what we do down south. Tie the line to overhanging tree branches, or found plastic bottles...
Saw Bear Grylls do this with rocks. Once the fish was trapped, he stunned it with a rock, and voila dinner. As far as tree branches and the like, that's what I was thinking.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Last edited by BigB; 01-16-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #12

Liked 390 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
All great ideas, but if you carry paracord the inner strands can be used for fishing line! Much lighter and takes up less more valuable space.
I like that idea a lot. Though don't they make fairly cheap, small, and collapsible fishing rods these days?

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post

I like that idea a lot. Though don't they make fairly cheap, small, and collapsible fishing rods these days?
I'm sure they do, but you could just use a stick.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Remember these?

https://www.ronco.com/products/pocket-fisherman.html

Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #15

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've also seen Bear Grylls drink piss. Just sayin. Don't wanna try everything seen on TV

Besides, piss is a waste product for a reason. It serves little more than to make you feel not quite as thirsty, actually doing little for, or actually harming, a body's hydration situation.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1073 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Rather than a fishing pole, keep different size hooks and line with you. A sapling can be quickly hacked up and used as a fishing pole. Extremely small hooks will be needed for very small fish in most small creeks. You can also just put a piece of any type of meat (including a worm) on a hook or the end of a stick and place it under the water beside a crack in a rock. More often than not a crayfish will crawl out and latch on. You can then slowly pick him up and drop him in a bucket. It doesn't take long to get enough for a meal or to go with your fish.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #17

Liked 1653 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 1112

I have hooks, line and a few sinkers. I think there are even a few flies in mine. I would use either a simple hand line or use a stick. I fished with a bamboo pole as a kid.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #18
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava
3 out of 4 of those you can't do anything about, at least not without surgery .
Cant change the F part either because food is so good

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
CrazedJava Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56
That's what cracks me up when watching doomsday preppers. They spend thousands upon hundreds of thousands yet they are overweight and couldn't run away from a potential bg if their lives depended on it.

And I agree that a fishing pole would be a good addition to a bob too. Just gotta find a small breakable one to fit.
As someone else suggested why not get an Altiods can and put some string hooks and weights in it find the stick for te pole as you go itl save room

Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #20

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Rather than a fishing pole, keep different size hooks and line with you. A sapling can be quickly hacked up and used as a fishing pole. Extremely small hooks will be needed for very small fish in most small creeks. You can also just put a piece of any type of meat (including a worm) on a hook or the end of a stick and place it under the water beside a crack in a rock. More often than not a crayfish will crawl out and latch on. You can then slowly pick him up and drop him in a bucket. It doesn't take long to get enough for a meal or to go with your fish.

How cute...you Greenwood boys have crawdads.... Charleston has blue crabs.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...