Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Stocking Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If SHTF here before we are able to move to the country, you will be able to tell my house by the bodies outside.

After we move to the country, given the same scenario, you will still be able to tell my house by the bodies outside.

I am blessed in a way, because there is only my wife and our pets to take care of. But, I will take care of them.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #32

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
If SHTF here before we are able to move to the country, you will be able to tell my house by the bodies outside.

After we move to the country, given the same scenario, you will still be able to tell my house by the bodies outside.

I am blessed in a way, because there is only my wife and our pets to take care of. But, I will take care of them.
This scenario is why I trained my wife and teenage son to shoot any type of firearm efficiently so that we can all shoot our way out of a bad situation!

Old 09-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
A lot of people who stockpile will be screwed if shtf because they will be targets for people who have not stockpiled especially in the big cities. Stockpiling and being prepared is a good thing but there must also be an ability to be mobile. In other words how fast can you grab all your necessity items and move to another area.
Would you rather have food for 30 days and not need it or only have food for 3 days and need more. Having more than you need still covers both type of disasters. Only having what you can carry limits yourself to one type of disaster.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post

Does that mean we should call before we show up?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Sounds like it to me.....haha

OC

"magbum"

Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So, JD, ever get that FTF SHTF manual put together?

There should have some regulations about how to approach another FTF member's bunker, and procedure for 'boarding ship'.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
It might be a good idea.

Don't get the wrong idea, I mean that threats will be treated one way, friends another.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #38

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
So, JD, ever get that FTF SHTF manual put together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post

There should have some regulations about how to approach another FTF member's bunker, and procedure for 'boarding ship'.

Well, no....I am working on it… with input….

But in the meantime, keep this in mind.

You are tired. You are thirsty. You are hungry and you desperately want to be around like minded folks after fighting your way out of "held" terror-tory.

You have been hiking, stealing cars until they ran out of gas, living off the left overs at convenience stores, making do with what you can.

The interwebz has been down for months. Your last map location from Google Earth ran out weeks ago.

You have survived only by your wits, the few people around you that you trust, and maps from various gas stations and bookstores.

So tired, and you have been traveling for days without food. Water is scarce.

You crest a ridge and you see a long, reaching, wide open space.

As you make your way across the plains, you start to see bodies. First one, then three, then 10, then 2 dozen.

All of them have been dispatched with one, or two, rounds and they have all been pillaged already...

If you DON'T have a FTF sticker/emblem or other identifier, well, I would recommend that you don't advance.....

JD

Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If you DON'T have a FTF sticker/emblem or other identifier, well, I would recommend that you don't advance.....
JD
Me thinks Dan should get on designing a patch we can affix to our bug out clothing

Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #40

JD, that was freekin GREAT!!

FYI, I will welcome any and all to hunker down w/ me, my family, and my squad. Luckily, I have 5 friends and a family member who all own black rifles (at least one) and they also own hunting rifles. High powered, high caliber, and good scopes, bolt action rifles. In a SHTF scenerio, we will simply go to our game plan and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

So, if venison stew or bison chili, home made wine and shine, a warm place to sleep, and making ammunition sound like a good thing to do when the rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.....c'mon over and hunker down. The only thing I ask for in return is you work to keep the area functioning and safe with the rest of us.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)