sling shot man
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > sling shot man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sling shot man

FYI, thought this was pretty nifty. For those of us who are planning the SHTF scenario, perhaps we should not forget the "low tech" weapons of old.
After all, this guy learned to use it well as a boy while hunting rabbits to feed the family.

Anyway, thought I would share this video of the "slingshot man".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #3

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This has been long over looked and I see it as very useful indeed

Old 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #4

I have to wonder about being on the wrong end of his slingshot. I would hazard a guess it might make a decent self defense weapon in the event that you had nothing else available (IE during a SHTF scenario where you had no ammo for whatever reason).

That being said, I am surprised PETA or the Obamanation have not howled for antislingshot legislation.......

I had a slingshot as a kid, although I was no where near as good as this gent. I enjoyed the video though

Old 01-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I used to use my wrist rocket regularly for grouse, got a 25 lb bag of 00 shot, it flies straight and hits hard. Would rather have 000 but they didn't sell that at Boondocks, now they don't have the 00s either. Might have to start casting .36 or 45 round balls, but what a pain.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #6

You actually nailed Grouse? I'm impressed. I got very lucky and took out a squirrel once, but the little bugger was agressive and would not leave the birdfeeder, hence allowing me an all but given shot. That was my single claim to fame

(when you're ten, bagging a squirrel may as well be hitting a record buck haha)

Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I used to use my wrist rocket regularly for grouse, got a 25 lb bag of 00 shot, it flies straight and hits hard. Would rather have 000 but they didn't sell that at Boondocks, now they don't have the 00s either. Might have to start casting .36 or 45 round balls, but what a pain.
Get ball bearings

Old 01-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Reminded me of an old article in Guns Magazine from April, 2008. Youth gangs in Timor-Leste fire steel darts, anywhere from 6" to 10" long, from slingshots "causing significant injuries among locals participating in, or inadvertently caught in, violent outbreaks". "While the ISF's personal protective equipment, tactics, techniques and procedures, counter much of the threat, the 6" to 10" steel rods remain of high concern among soldiers supporting the United Nations Police. The darts are fired through a hand-held catapult-type launcher (slingshot) and generate enough velocity to cause significant injuries or death. The ISF and UNPOL have confiscated hundreds of the crude weapons systems since May, 2007."

I couldn't find the actual image online without paying for it, and I'm not committing copyright infringement by scanning it. Its very similar to this, but made of steel, the "flights" are made of paper, and has somewhat of a gut hook behind the spear point. The slingshot is modified with a piece of small gauge steel wire in the center of the rubber for the steel dart to hook onto. It certainly looks like it could penetrate body armor not meant to stop a knife attack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #9

Holy ouch batman

so...are you saying that even if we ban all guns there will still be violence?? No, you wouldn't be saying that I'm sure..

Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

No, of course I'm not saying that. As soon as we ban all guns, violence will disappear completely.

Just adding the next step up to ball bearings. Id be using these for self defense and to hunt before ball bearings, if TSHTF, and SOMEHOW I run out of ammo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!