Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > The shtf time to choose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought a Rhino in October, and I absolutely love it. It's a beast! I'd bring my AR, my Benelli 12ga and My 1911. I want Dick Cheney with me...for added face shots!

2009_yamaha_rhino700fi_camo.jpg  

Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

700 efi? I worked at a Yamaha dealer, i loved the Rhinos.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

450- They wanted another $3000 for the 700. I could've gotten a NICE Jeep for another $3k!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #24

I want my AR, my Rem. 700 VTR .308, and my Rem 870.
I will stick w/ my Yamaha Kodiak 4x4.
For my assistant I want the huge guy from the Green Mile with an M-2 mounted on him.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 12-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #25

Ok, I'm gonna add my reasoning...(this being realistic)

I'd use my dad's Kar 98 scoped, Becuase It can shoot .308 so I can use the chinise' ammo or if I wanna get leathal I can use his 7.65mm for it.

My dad's M870 because it's the most kick butt shotgun we have in our house... that and we have enough ammo for a 2 week stand off with the cops....

My sister's .22 scoped. Because it's got some range, It's pretty quiet, and we have a ton of ammo for it.

For my vehicle. hmm That's tough... Because foot would be the best way to get around if your country is occupied and your putting up local resistance.

For my partner in chinse A** kicking...I'll get back to you on this one. (I'm suprized no one has picked Lara Croft yet, Because she kicked butt in Tomb Raider.)

Last edited by Jeehs; 12-30-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
450- They wanted another $3000 for the 700. I could've gotten a NICE Jeep for another $3k!
They are pricey but that 700 has TONS of torque. I remember when we first got one of the EFI models in, you could roll into it around a corner and bring the back end around on dry ground.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
Ok, I'm gonna add my reasoning...(this being realistic)

I'd use my dad's Kar 98 scoped, Becuase It can shoot .308 so I can use the chinise' ammo or if I wanna get leathal I can use his 7.65mm for it.

My dad's M870 because it's the most kick butt shotgun we have in our house... that and we have enough ammo for a 2 week stand off with the cops....

My sister's .22 scoped. Because it's got some range, It's pretty quiet, and we have a ton of ammo for it.

For my vehicle. hmm That's tough... Because foot would be the best way to get around if your country is occupied and your putting up local resistance.

For my partner in chinse A** kicking...I'll get back to you on this one. (I'm suprized no one has picked Lara Croft yet, Because she kicked butt in Tomb Raider.)

Ummmmm...just a few questions, if I may.

1. You start off with (being realistic) and then end with Lara Croft. Ya DO realize she is a fictional charachter that is only in the movies, right?
2. Do you own any firearms?
3. Could you please clarify the whole Kar 98, chinese ammo, .308, and 7.65mm thingy.....it is driving me nuts trying to figure out what you are talking about.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
Ummmmm...just a few questions, if I may.

1. You start off with (being realistic) and then end with Lara Croft. Ya DO realize she is a fictional charachter that is only in the movies, right?
2. Do you own any firearms?
3. Could you please clarify the whole Kar 98, chinese ammo, .308, and 7.65mm thingy.....it is driving me nuts trying to figure out what you are talking about.
Sure.
1- I'm not saying I would, Because that's impossible she's fake. I was just saying I'm suprized no one picked her. I know she's a fictional character, But some other people picked movie characters too.

2- Yes, I have 4 currently. It's just that my dad's firearms would be more capable due to supply of ammo, and stopping power, My sisters .22 is a bit more accurate and quieter than my own. ( I have- a Remingtion 770 in
.270 WIN, a Marlin Model 60 .22, a .410 shotgun, and a 20 gauge shotgun.)

3-My dad's Kar 98 can fire several rounds due to it's chamber. While it's not very good for the gun, it can fire .308 (7.62x51mm). It normally uses 7.65x53mm Argentine. I also did some research on the rifle. I found that it is also called the 98 rifle. The Basis for the Kar98 series.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2689 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

To head this off before someone gets hurt -

NEVER shoot .308/7.62X51 in a 7.65X53 Argentine Mauser!

The two rounds are NOT even close to interchangeable. The X51 ammo will not headspace properly in the X53 chamber. Excessive headspace WILL be catastrophic eventually. The ONLY thing that keeps this combination from blowing up in your face is the fact that the X53 barrel has .313 groove diameter and the X51 bullet is .308 in diameter.

Accuracy will be poor at best. Life expectancy of the gun will be short. Life expectancy of the shooter will be shorter.

There are alot of cartridges that will fit and fire in other guns. That does not mean they are safe.

SAAMI | Unsafe Arms and Ammunition Combinations

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #30

WHEW......thanks for tellin him robo....I couldnt BEGIN to think what he was up to.