Is this a SHTF situation - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Is this a SHTF situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1505 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Sounds like Belfast is learning some painful lessons about preparedness. Hopefully some good will come out of it. I'd hate to think how your city govt would react in a real disaster.

Cities in the U.S. are not immune. My wife was deployed for almost a year to the New Orleans area post Hurricane Katrina. Epic Fail there, too.

Last edited by 7point62; 01-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

How are you set for preps Trooper?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #23

Default Ready state

My preparation has paid off, the benefits of living outside the city and only having to visit for work reasons. I haven't had to break into the emergency stores, just the ready use locker.
Working the stay low move fast plan
The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Best wishes.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper7687 View Post
...But it would seem they have been unprepared for the outbreak of H1N1 virus that has now happened, 42 deaths & over 1000 cases reported.
FYI, the "tamiflu" anti-flu drug can have some side effects. I was taking it until a day or two ago; my doctor told me it would be OK to stop taking it when i showed up at his office red all-over & with some VERY noticeable emotional/anxiety issues. The doctor indicated this could also be related to a interaction between the tamiflu drug and a steroid injection i had been given for flu-like illness. If you take the tamiflu drug, make sure that someone familiar with your normal mental state is aware that you are taking the tamiflu (particularly if you also received an injection of some steroid). It wigged me out, thoroughly.
Oseltamivir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper7687 View Post
The last party to operate this way was the Nazi party, create the problem then tell the people you are the solution to the problem.
That is sounding very much like the Democratic Party here in America...especially this "Democratic", Marxist idealed administration in the majority, and their Chairman in Chief in the Whitehouse now.

Regards,

Swampbilly

Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #27

Default The blame game

Apart from the swine flu saga that's on going, the water has been turned back on, and the political recriminations have begun. The politicians are blaming the civil servants, and vice a versa. The joys of a system of government where every political party is guaranteed parity no matter how many votes they get, no one in opposition and everyone in government. No hope of a police investigation into the various recorded incidents that happend during the emergency ( at least none that involved political activists), but then what do you expect when the justice minister is an unelected waste of space whose party only have one sitting Member of Parliment, and it's not him.
The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #28
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Good! I'm glad the water's back on. Hopefully, folks who hadn't prepared for anything like this will learn a lesson and start preparing for the next (unlikely but possible) event.

As for the fallout crap or lack thereof ... that's predictable anywhere in the world.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What exactly is going on? Is the water shortage due to problems with the infrastructure or is it more like a Hugo Chavez rationing event.

Is it over 200 cases of Swine Flu or 2000, is the Flu or the Vaccines the Problems?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #30

Default lack of meds

Planing has been poor as usual, not enough dose's to cover the basics, the chief health officer was on to berate the ministers about the fact that during the water shut off doctors were washing their hands in the snow to clean them. so as pridicted there has been outbreaks of D & V as the hospitals had no running water for sanitation.