Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is this a SHTF situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Wow man that's really messed up! Please do keep us posted as best you can. I'm sure the main stream media wont have much if anything about this escalating.
I do hope this gets resolved but history does not make things look too promising.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1303 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 151

It isn't a SHTF situation yet, but it might become one. Right now, it's a localized problem, and it's a prime example of why prepping at home can be extremely important. Hopefully, you have a good store of water (put away before this problem surfaced) and/or you have a good-quality water purification system. If you do, keep quiet about it!

That this has been going on so long is extremely disturbing. Repairing pipes that burst with the last freeze might take a while, but there's no reason you shouldn't have plenty of water -- there has been more than enough time for the authorities to get their collective act together to ensure bottled water is available on a very wide scale.

As for the bastards taking water for their folks to the detriment of everyone else, they need to be dealt with...preferably by the police. You can expect some sort of looting in a situation like this, but if the police or government give tacit approval by doing nothing to stop it, then you have a much bigger problem.

----

Update: after pondering this for another minute, it seems pretty clear you do indeed have a much bigger problem. If looting is permitted by the authorities who are intimidated by the looters (or more accurately, who are concerned an unstoppable sh!tstorm could be unleashed if they don't turn a blind eye to the looting), then your government is broken. When the rule of law is tossed out the window, people should be very concerned.

But this is still a very interesting event from a prepper's perspective. Be safe, and may pure water flow freely again soon.

Last edited by bkt; 01-05-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #13

Default water

The Red cross is starting to distibute water in the main urban area, this is the one time were the wife hasn't moaned about the prepstore of ready use equipment that I have been accumulating

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #14

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
It has been said- Water, air, and sex- the three things don't matter- unless you are not getting any.
Quote:
Part of the reason I live out in the country
Indeed to both, no truer words spoken sir!

Trooper what's the weather like there now? Snow or rain? After going back and re-reading your post, it may be time to start thinking about constructing and starting your own survival water collection points, and possible setting up a ghost perimeter, here in the near future in your AO, if you have not already started. You did state you were somewhat prepared. I do wish you the best of luck and hope this does not escalate to a non-containment situation. Do keep this channel open for any further updates of increased unstable situations there, brother.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 01-05-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Spelling and additonal comment

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Best wishes to you and your's Trooper, during these tough times.

I hope someday soon the two sides can strike a real peace agreement for the benefit of both, and the innocents caught in the middle

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1334 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 987

Quote:
Water, air, and sex- the three things don't matter- unless you are not getting any.

I give it another 30 years until people start killing each other over drinking water and living space. Just sayin...

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I give it another 30 years until people start killing each other over drinking water and living space. Just sayin...
People have been killing others over sex for centuries.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Even here in moist Mississippi, an emergency drinking water stash can be very important. Since hurricane Katrina, most people seem to have at least a case of bottled water or a 5 gallon container similar to what is used in the office water cooler. I make sure to keep some basic water treatment tablets around the house.

I hope there can be a lasting peace on your island someday soon.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #19

Good luck to you and your family trooper. That's some scary stuff. Deffinitely gonna put some time into stocking emergency supplies.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #20

Default Great news

Our lords & masters have decided that water will be returned for 2 hours each day, on a rotating basis thoughout the different areas of the city, in order to do this it will be nesasary to withdraw mains supply for some rural areas. More and more I have the feeling that this is being used as a training exercise to see how the civil population reacts to to the suspension of services. But it would seem they have been unprepared for the outbreak of H1N1 virus that has now happened, 42 deaths & over 1000 cases reported.

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011