You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

shtf .....real zombies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's quite interesting, I hadn't ever heard of that, everything that I have been told about insomnia just said that no one had ever actually died from lack of sleep. What I was saying was that although I hadn't heard of anyone dying from no sleep, I believed it was possible. Thanks, I love learning new things
Its an incredibly interesting disorder. Its completely genetic which is also incredibly interesting. The first time I heard about it was probably a year or two back when there was a documentary on T.V. about it. Apparently the last person that died from it submitted himself to a research facility where they documented the final stages of the disorder. His daughter was prominent in the documentary as a narrator as well.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #32
I'm not going to Hell. I'm going to Valhalla
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5837 Times on 3194 Posts
Likes Given: 220

That's way cool, I assumed it was possible to die from lack of sleep because your body would basically just shut down. I go almost 3 days sometimes without sleep and I almost can't function.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #33

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's way cool, I assumed it was possible to die from lack of sleep because your body would basically just shut down. I go almost 3 days sometimes without sleep and I almost can't function.
As an interesting side note, the same documentary discussed something you and others here may be interested in. A gentlemen went to a school where they essentially keep you awake for 72+ hours in a interrogation type setting. Its for those who may be high value targets and teaches students how to deal with sleep deprivation-type torture. It shows you what you can and can't take. VERY interesting stuff!

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun