shtf .....real zombies - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > shtf .....real zombies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's quite interesting, I hadn't ever heard of that, everything that I have been told about insomnia just said that no one had ever actually died from lack of sleep. What I was saying was that although I hadn't heard of anyone dying from no sleep, I believed it was possible. Thanks, I love learning new things
Its an incredibly interesting disorder. Its completely genetic which is also incredibly interesting. The first time I heard about it was probably a year or two back when there was a documentary on T.V. about it. Apparently the last person that died from it submitted himself to a research facility where they documented the final stages of the disorder. His daughter was prominent in the documentary as a narrator as well.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #32
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3375 Times on 1881 Posts
Likes Given: 147

That's way cool, I assumed it was possible to die from lack of sleep because your body would basically just shut down. I go almost 3 days sometimes without sleep and I almost can't function.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #33

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's way cool, I assumed it was possible to die from lack of sleep because your body would basically just shut down. I go almost 3 days sometimes without sleep and I almost can't function.
As an interesting side note, the same documentary discussed something you and others here may be interested in. A gentlemen went to a school where they essentially keep you awake for 72+ hours in a interrogation type setting. Its for those who may be high value targets and teaches students how to deal with sleep deprivation-type torture. It shows you what you can and can't take. VERY interesting stuff!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun