Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > SHTF Property for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SHTF Property for sale

Just wanted to know if anyone is interested in a piece of property across from mine on the Vermont/Canadian border. It's 33 acres with a log cabin set up with solar. The guy is asking about $84,000.00, but you probably could get it for much less, like around $65,000.00. It's located in the town of Canaan, Vt. For more info go to www.colbsent in the real estate listings.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Link not working.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The News & Sentinel seems to work.

Actually, my wife and I have been talking about leaving New York and moving east to Vermont or New Hampshire. Post some info on the property (pics of the cabin, details on road access (plowed?), electric, water, gas, what's surrounding the land, etc.) when you get a minute.

Vermont ironically has the least strict firearm laws in the nation but is one of the most left-leaning states you can find. New Hampshire appeals to me more, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

I assume the reason you're asking is that you want to get a "friendly" next to you?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #4

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger44 View Post
Just wanted to know if anyone is interested in a piece of property across from mine on the Vermont/Canadian border. It's 33 acres with a log cabin set up with solar. The guy is asking about $84,000.00, but you probably could get it for much less, like around $65,000.00. It's located in the town of Canaan, Vt. For more info go to www.colbsent in the real estate listings.
Is there a MLS number?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #5

At the News and Sentinal, main page scroll down to real estate listings. Click Thiebeault real estate. It's the bottom property with the pic of the cabin for $84,000.00. It's a year round maintained road to your door. No electric, just solar. There is a creek behind the place for water, and the property goes up extends up the other side of the hill for some ways. Now, it's not an old farm like mine, and it was logged about 15 years ago. Not a bad place IMHO. If the SHTF it would be a good place to hunker down. I'd be willing to join forces to grow food etc. I've got some good fields at my place.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I assume the reason you're asking is that you want to get a "friendly" next to you?
I would assume so too and a smart move IMHO.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The News & Sentinel seems to work.

Actually, my wife and I have been talking about leaving New York and moving east to Vermont or New Hampshire. Post some info on the property (pics of the cabin, details on road access (plowed?), electric, water, gas, what's surrounding the land, etc.) when you get a minute.

Vermont ironically has the least strict firearm laws in the nation but is one of the most left-leaning states you can find. New Hampshire appeals to me more, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

Most of the surrounding area is woods. The 10 acres directly acoss from the cabin used to be mine, but I sold it some years ago to a friend of mine. He lives there in his trailer. I own the 90 acs behind him. This cabin sits a little over .75 of a mile from the 2 lane, vt rt 114. At the .75 mile mark is another cabin, he's got a couple hundred acres. They keep to themselves. The town of Canaan, Vt is 5 miles east, which abuts the NH border. North across the lake is Canada. You are 2 hrs from Montreal, 5 hrs from Boston, if u want the city. The only problem with NH is the property taxes are higher. If u live in Vermont the taxes are lower and u can still shop tax free in NH. Road is plowed in the winter. The snowmachine trail starts at the .75 mark. I let them come through my property (as a public service, mind you). Never had any problems with them folks. They usually stay on the trail. And yes, I would like to have someone like minded living there. The electric is down at the 2 lane. It would cost big bucks to get it back there. Solar power, with propane and wood is all you would need and you could have most of the conveiniences of modern life.

Last edited by Ruger44; 01-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Is there a MLS number?
I see you are from the PRNJ, that is where I grew up, Roselle to be exact. Moved to Vermont in 1981. I am a truck driver and my company is based out of Westampton, near Burlington.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #9

Default Arizona SHTF property

Hey all, I have some good bug-out property for sale - it's 41.25 acres with 2 log cabins, 2 detached garages/shops, 2 active wells, large green house, bird cages, fruit tree orchard, 2 ponds w/fish, and fully-fenced pasture land. It's located east of Snowflake, Arizona at an elevation of about 5,400 ft. which provides for 4 relatively mild seasons. It's only a few hundred feet off paved road and has wonderful long-range views. Anyone interested please e mail me for more details. As you know, Arizona is very gun-friendly!