SHTF- Most Likely Scenario? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

SHTF- Most Likely Scenario?

View Poll Results: What is the most likely/plausible SHTF type scenario in the near future?
Revolution/Civil War 23 23.47%
Plague-caused civilization collapse 7 7.14%
Foreign invasion 3 3.06%
UN Invasion 2 2.04%
Martial Law 21 21.43%
Natural Disaster 32 32.65%
Nuclear Attack 4 4.08%
Zombie apocalypse? 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

RE: Prison Planet

That just describes the natural decline of the has beens, see UK, France, Spain - now add USA.

The Chinese, who have in most of past times been a power house, and the Indians, if they don't nuke each other are the powers to be.

I personally believe that some form of global annihilation will occur before our total demise to has beens.

The few left will stat over, and they are the ones with food, water & ammo .

Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #32

I was involved in the 1992 Los Angeles riots. I was also down in katrina for a month after the storm. I can assure you that civil unrest will always follow disasters of any kind. The segment of society that awaits opportunity to unleash the kaos is always waiting for the green light. So.... no matter what happens, there is a storm brewing in this country and it will not take much to kick it off. I have prepared for civil unrest on a national level. The riots will spread across the country, and the government will allow it to get to a point. Then comes Marshal law. Then comes FEMA and possible U.N. troops. I will have to read about it, because my family and I will be deeply secluded on our mountain bugout property.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #33

I guess for most folks natural disaster is probably most likely. But, short of a large-scale nuclear or chem/bio attack by a state actor, the man-made disaster that scares me most is EMP – electromagnetic pulse. All it takes is one nuke on a missile detonated at a couple hundred miles altitude over the middle of the US and the majority of our electronics and electricity grid across the country will die instantly. Because it takes only one, a terrorist org could pull off such an attack from an ocean ship if they could get just one missile. Think Iran or some other US enemies wouldn’t let a terrorist have one, especially since it would be VERY hard to trace to the source? More people would probably die and more devastation to the country would occur this way than if they detonated the bomb in downtown Manhattan at rush hour. The government established an EMP commission to study this and wrote a scary report and yet has done very little to prepare. Very scary.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Man Made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Here in Sacramento, we are surrounded by two rivers and the Folsom Dam is just up the road. The city is protected by a levee system that is suspect in condition. So the most likely natural disaster here would be a flood.

Civil unrest is a likely event as well.

I've done my best to prepare for both as well as other possibilities.
Welcome to Progress. It's not a question of if but when!!! Just ask the people of New Orleans......

Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Made in China.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I gotta vote for war with China. They are big enough to actually get onto U.S. soil, and crazy enough to try.
Only if the Chineese are already here. The supply line from there to hear is to long to get past our subs. It would have to come from Nukes over the Pacific From China, Which the U S would send Nukes that are stationed all over the world and then it becomes a no win situation.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I voted for Civil war, however I believe that the most likely SHTF scenario will be solar flares knocking out the electrical grid. I'm now thinking I should of voted for natural disaster. My bad.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #37

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

How about this one...

In an attempt to build a nuclear device, Iran destroyes the entire Middle East!! The ensuing World Wide celebration casts the planet into chaos!!

I guess that would be nuclear!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #38

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default It's not that we "THINK", but we know something will happen

Responce to Alex, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

To many of us, it's not that we "think", something might happen, More that we "KNOW"? Weather it be a Natural disater like Hurricares like so many of us have suffered through to the Rodney King Roits in LA, as well as so many other oppertunites for the Crap to hit the fan! Think of our preps as a sort of "Insurance policy", we have made preps to have food, water, and shelter when others are walkingthrough thre water and mud/ We have made use of weapons to defend our shattered homes when the Folks riot over what ever upsets them this week? Yes, we have made a lot of planns baised on threats we KNOW EXIST! In your list of events you left out Economic Collapse which with these knucleheads runing the GOV is a stong possibility as well? Lots of ways for things to fail, best to have plans and goods to support that, and if your wrojhg and nothinbg happnes, cool, then ya had a plan and didn';tr need it? A Lot better to have it and not need then to need it and not have it? If you have the ways to help you and yours who cares what FEMA does, who cares if the Red Cross sends the katrina $ to S America? Who caes if the Maror and Gov sit on thier ass and don't ask for help and folks down? remember in the end, your on your own and no one promised ya a freee ride?
Best to check your attitude at the door and do for you and yours, I know I will!

RON

Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #39

I think it wont be as fast or as violent as people commonly think. All someone(country/terror group) has to do is secretly come into the country in small groups at a time under the radar,while larger forces gather close by the boarders say Mexico or small island of Alaska and lay low for awhile or gather over a period of time. They can send people and buy people that have influence in our government to start turning the citizens against the government through stupid laws such as gun rights and things you can't do to maintain your independence. Over time the citizens will revolt, history proves that fact, and with no guns and a desperate war country who ever wants to can walk right in. They could go as far as promising help for the citizens against the government and take us right over. So i guess over all my vote is country invasion.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
Financial collapse due to the ponzi scheme of the social security administration and all of the fraudulent activity perpetrated by the federal reserve system since its inception a long time ago. This monetary system has run its course. Which begets the following when we are declared bankrupt and uneven to pay the interest on our massive debt and this does not take into account the liabilites owed to Soc. Sec or Medicare, if the gov't followed the same accounting rules it enforces on the populace it would be game over,,.....NOW.

[SCENARIO]
No social Security checks for the elderly.
No welfare checks for those who have chosen the work-free lifestyle.
No assistance or aid to dependent children.
No Food Stamps.
Your Hard earned savings are only good for kindling and have effectively vanished.

The inner city parasites who are spoon fed by the gov't will become quite unruly after they have missed their 9th meal. Panic will set in with the resulting chaos......think KATRINA with no natural disaster. This will be the rallying cry for "COME HELP US, ANYONE" This could precipitate martial law or could be the key to the door for the UN to actively patrol and enforce law. The good boys in blue(police not UN) will be overwhelmed and incapable of quashing the insurrections fomented by the parasitic hosts that we have so graciously helped through the years.

OR:

China could become very pi$$ed about our bankruptcy declaration and attempts to engage in a wholesale liquidation of our assets. This includes your home with you buried in the back yard and eliminates/eases their population problem and provides for new abundant natural resources. Think "RED DAWN" only you would have the chinese and mexicans in complete collaboration. I find this scenario plausible but not probable. Chinese Imperialism would be quite dangerous and that needs to be considered, after all they are communists and we are the last bastion of freedom (relatively speaking when compared to the world.)

I'm going with scenario #1 as I believe it will come from within.....probably when the Conservatives get in a position to actually do something about our debacle but just a little too late. Prediction...........shortly after Obama leaves office but not until then.
This is a strong possibility..........