SHTF- Most Likely Scenario?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > SHTF- Most Likely Scenario?

View Poll Results: What is the most likely/plausible SHTF type scenario in the near future?
Revolution/Civil War 23 23.47%
Plague-caused civilization collapse 7 7.14%
Foreign invasion 3 3.06%
UN Invasion 2 2.04%
Martial Law 21 21.43%
Natural Disaster 32 32.65%
Nuclear Attack 4 4.08%
Zombie apocalypse? 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SHTF- Most Likely Scenario?

Hi all!

I've been reading the forums and noticed a lot of people believe some kind of crisis or apocalypse is going to happen relatively soon. So my question is, what do you guys think is the most likely SHTF type scenario int he near future?

Feel free to post your ideas and preparations/arsenals!

Alex

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Here in Sacramento, we are surrounded by two rivers and the Folsom Dam is just up the road. The city is protected by a levee system that is suspect in condition. So the most likely natural disaster here would be a flood.

Civil unrest is a likely event as well.

I've done my best to prepare for both as well as other possibilities.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You forgot:

A comet the size of Alaska impacts anywhere on earth, and everyone dies!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I gotta vote for war with China. They are big enough to actually get onto U.S. soil, and crazy enough to try.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
You forgot:

A comet the size of Alaska impacts anywhere on earth, and everyone dies!
LOL...I think that falls under the "Natural disaster" category.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I gotta vote for war with China. They are big enough to actually get onto U.S. soil, and crazy enough to try.
Then I guess I'm lucky to live on the east coast!

Old 09-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #7

Default I'm guessing

Financial collapse due to the ponzi scheme of the social security administration and all of the fraudulent activity perpetrated by the federal reserve system since its inception a long time ago. This monetary system has run its course. Which begets the following when we are declared bankrupt and uneven to pay the interest on our massive debt and this does not take into account the liabilites owed to Soc. Sec or Medicare, if the gov't followed the same accounting rules it enforces on the populace it would be game over,,.....NOW.

[SCENARIO]
No social Security checks for the elderly.
No welfare checks for those who have chosen the work-free lifestyle.
No assistance or aid to dependent children.
No Food Stamps.
Your Hard earned savings are only good for kindling and have effectively vanished.

The inner city parasites who are spoon fed by the gov't will become quite unruly after they have missed their 9th meal. Panic will set in with the resulting chaos......think KATRINA with no natural disaster. This will be the rallying cry for "COME HELP US, ANYONE" This could precipitate martial law or could be the key to the door for the UN to actively patrol and enforce law. The good boys in blue(police not UN) will be overwhelmed and incapable of quashing the insurrections fomented by the parasitic hosts that we have so graciously helped through the years.

OR:

China could become very pi$$ed about our bankruptcy declaration and attempts to engage in a wholesale liquidation of our assets. This includes your home with you buried in the back yard and eliminates/eases their population problem and provides for new abundant natural resources. Think "RED DAWN" only you would have the chinese and mexicans in complete collaboration. I find this scenario plausible but not probable. Chinese Imperialism would be quite dangerous and that needs to be considered, after all they are communists and we are the last bastion of freedom (relatively speaking when compared to the world.)

I'm going with scenario #1 as I believe it will come from within.....probably when the Conservatives get in a position to actually do something about our debacle but just a little too late. Prediction...........shortly after Obama leaves office but not until then.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

BTW, I believe it's a no brainer that natural disaster and civil unrest will go hand in hand.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
BTW, I believe it's a no brainer that natural disaster and civil unrest will go hand in hand.
BUT...civil unrest can happen w/o natural disaster.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yes it can and that's a scenario I have prepared for. However, I think it is more likely to follow a natural or economic disaster than it is to be an autonomous incident.