Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > SHTF Guns

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Why's that? Grammatical error? Or are you saying it is extremely likely we'll all be running through the streets blasting eachother with rifles any day now?

Oh, and spittinfire, as to why I would engage someone at 100 yards with a 9mm pistol? That should be obvious: because that is what I would have to use. In most any true Evade and Survive scenario (i.e. not participating in any uprisings or guerilla warfare or rambo-esque "one man again an army" operations), for me and my life situation and plans, the weight and cumbersomeness of a suitable defensive-capable long gun and ammo is not worth it, from an anti-personnel stainpoint. I live in an interior unit of an apartment in a city, so I won't be sniping anyone out of any windows. Being in a surburban environment, long shots are very unlikely unless I'm just trapsing down the middle of the street. And when I get to my BOL, the longest shots are about 150ish yards from the house due to terrain, and there will be long guns there for me to use, or I could use my pistol as a last resort (which would be better than sitting there watching my relatives shoot at attackers out the windows).

Still waiting for any of you to give me exact reasons why I am incorrect in my preperations and plans as they apply to me and my situation.
You have got to be the most hard-headed fool that's came through here in quite some time. Everyone has told you that your tactics are foolish. If you'd open your ears and shut your pie hole, you'd learn something...you crackhead.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Cane, can you post the dead horse being beaten now?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM   #53

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Ahh, Lindenwood, I see you are a "book educated" experienced person, with a scientific background and I respect that. So...I guess I can be very blunt here and ask, have you actually applied any of these theories, education and logic you maintain, in real life? You have derived these beliefs without the actual hands on testing involved needed to prove these theory applications, and the end results may will vary sir, based on your experience of having shot at inorganic targets.

That said, have you really thought about the idea that other weapons and "unconventional" tactics will be employed and there will be no rules to sustain one's survival sir. It is not important to me what weapons you will carry or what I will use, because my actions, responses and movements will vary with the task, needs or situations I am confronted with. I am not going to argue logic, book education and IQ with you, though important, I will say that the second half and most important proof of your theories and beliefs are not "hands on" tested and you lack the actual experience and evidence to say that your claims of logic are actually valid and mine are invalid. All you have done is hypothesize your own actions, means and outcomes. Some have actually carried out the hypothesis to a real solution. Oh, and eventually you will have to venture out of that apartment, for various reasons, and some of us can indeed wait, unnoticed.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #54

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This thread is completely off the tracks and has become "I know more than you".

This is not the direction I believe the OP had in mind.

There are several other threads in this same section where this has been discussed, ad nauseum, so I don't see any reason not to close this thread before someone ventures in and gets information that is not the best possible.

JD

Closed Thread