shtf - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > shtf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Pm sent....

Old 12-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #62
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9017 Times on 5240 Posts
Likes Given: 11899

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I can see everyone needing a 22, a shotgun, and a centerfire rifle. Handguns of course. Along with a butt load of ammo for each. With all thats out there in the rifle department, why a lever gun in 30~30? I know they have downed more deer than any other. And I'm not questioning your statement. I just need a good reason to tell the wifey.
I got mine for my 30th birthday. It was a gift to myself. My wife didn't question it.

I agree, a 30/30 is one of my ideal deer guns. Of course I live in deeply wooded mountains and you need a good brush gun. I also have a Mini 14 Ranch to compliment it and a couple of 30/06 rifles for the longer shots. Of course all of the different calibers require different ammo. An the Garand requires specific ammo to prevent damage to it, so that's why I reload. And stock up on reloading components in all calibers.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #63

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Man this place sucks, but it's better than southaven. Southaven grew too quickly and can't handle the traffic, and since the infrastructure can't handle the traffic, people take it as a free pass on driving retarded. Hernando is very quickly becoming the same way. I have so many yahoos from memphis try to knock my @$$ off while I go to drop my kid off at school that it's not even funny. That is exactly how it happened in southaven too, people deciding the don't like the big city living in memphis, and, dare I say it, the "white flight" phenomenon so they move to these smaller towns and ruin life for the lifetime residents with their retarded driving skills and direspectful attitudes.

Tell your son, if he's looking for peace and quiet, the nearest place is como, about 10 more miles further south.
He got a heck of a deal on a house there. Tooo good to pass up. He works of Triad Const so doesn't matter much where he lives. My DIL loves the schools, as they have 4 kids....She is from Southhaven and he is from a VERY small south MS town....of which he has 40 acres and plans for latter...

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #64

Yeah the schools here in hernando are the best in the area for sure, and they rank pretty high up throughout the entire state. And there are some pretty good deals to be found on houses, I just found one right next to the elementary school for 90k, too bad my credit sucks monkey poop. But it would be great to be able to stand on the porch and watch my kid walk to school, at least for the next couple years.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #65
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9017 Times on 5240 Posts
Likes Given: 11899

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yeah the schools here in hernando are the best in the area for sure, and they rank pretty high up throughout the entire state. And there are some pretty good deals to be found on houses, I just found one right next to the elementary school for 90k, too bad my credit sucks monkey poop. But it would be great to be able to stand on the porch and watch my kid walk to school, at least for the next couple years.
What about homeschooling the kids? Wouldn't it be better to stand on the porch with your kid by your side and watch the other kids go to school, then load up the truck and go to the gun range with your kid? That can actually be a better education for your kid than public education could ever be. We have been homeschooling for several years and it is much better!

Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 AM   #66

I would much rather do that, but my kid is a hard core socializer. He WANTS to go to school because he craves the social aspects if it.