shtf
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > shtf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Default shtf

How do u picture it. You gunna be solo or a small group. Stay or go. And last will you do some messed up things for your own survival?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

I plan on being a come and go member of my family's group. Ill go to find the food and scavange supplies for them. Ill go as far as need be and if they have enough supplies for a while ill travel farther to look for better supplies and people. Ill do what it takes to survive but i wont turn into a murderer i will focus on self defence.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #3

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I go. Small group, wife and kid. Willing to do anything for their survival.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I go. Small group, wife and kid. Willing to do anything for their survival.
That's where I'm getting at i got my family and if I have to I will rob to keep us going but mostly for now just stay put in our town of 300 lol

Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower

That's where I'm getting at i got my family and if I have to I will rob to keep us going but mostly for now just stay put in our town of 300 lol
Who you gonna rob, your nieghbors? That statement puts you on par with the gangbangers I expect to spill over the stateline from Memphis.

How bout this, prepare more, rob less. You will stay alive that much longer.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Who you gonna rob, your nieghbors? That statement puts you on par with the gangbangers I expect to spill over the stateline from Memphis.

How bout this, prepare more, rob less. You will stay alive that much longer.
Do u have a family.. ill rob to serve them not because i Get off to it. I would rob if I HAVE to. But since I live in wyoming I got mnts out side in peeing distance a river its snows like a bitch in winter id be alright for a while

I try talking to my wife about this and she thinks I'm crazy she don't take me seriously. Anyone else got this problem?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #7

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Heck, my wife is the one who insists we drill on the bug out every now and then.
She's hit me with a random drill a couple times already, the latest about a month ago (seems we're due for another one), she woke me up at 3 AM, screaming "BUG OUT DRILL" I was pissed. I had been up until 2 drinking with a buddy of mine.

We've go it down to where we are ready to hit the road with everything we need in 1 hour.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #8

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower

Do u have a family.. ill rob to serve them not because i Get off to it. I would rob if I HAVE to. But since I live in wyoming I got mnts out side in peeing distance a river its snows like a bitch in winter id be alright for a while

I try talking to my wife about this and she thinks I'm crazy she don't take me seriously. Anyone else got this problem?
I understand what you mean by do what it takes. But you seemed to go to robbing pretty quick.

By your brief discription of where you live, it seems to me that your in a good place. With some prepping and a few skill sets, you and your family would be ahead of 99% of the population.

As for your wife thinking your crazy, thats pretty much standard in Shtf circles. Mine didnt understand until I got her to read "PATRIOTS". If you are a reader at all let me suggest that to you. Also you could get home before she does and throw the main breaker on the house. Everyone in the home will realize how dependent we are on the grid. Leave it off as long as possible and let it soak in. Course, when she sees the neighbors lights, "your gonna have some splaining to do lucy"

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #9

If anyone tries to hurt me or my family then I won't think twice about taking a life. But that probably goes for most people. I will scavenge and live off of whatever is left of the land. ( me and everyone else )

Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Heck, my wife is the one who insists we drill on the bug out every now and then.
She's hit me with a random drill a couple times already, the latest about a month ago (seems we're due for another one), she woke me up at 3 AM, screaming "BUG OUT DRILL" I was pissed. I had been up until 2 drinking with a buddy of mine.

We've go it down to where we are ready to hit the road with everything we need in 1 hour.
Did it occur to you that is the reason she did it?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.