Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   shtf (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/shtf-53391/)

stoppingpower 12-11-2011 08:07 PM

shtf
 
How do u picture it. You gunna be solo or a small group. Stay or go. And last will you do some messed up things for your own survival?

jon1992d 12-11-2011 08:12 PM

I plan on being a come and go member of my family's group. Ill go to find the food and scavange supplies for them. Ill go as far as need be and if they have enough supplies for a while ill travel farther to look for better supplies and people. Ill do what it takes to survive but i wont turn into a murderer i will focus on self defence.

trip286 12-11-2011 08:13 PM

I go. Small group, wife and kid. Willing to do anything for their survival.

stoppingpower 12-11-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
I go. Small group, wife and kid. Willing to do anything for their survival.

That's where I'm getting at i got my family and if I have to I will rob to keep us going but mostly for now just stay put in our town of 300 lol

downsouth 12-11-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower

That's where I'm getting at i got my family and if I have to I will rob to keep us going but mostly for now just stay put in our town of 300 lol

Who you gonna rob, your nieghbors? That statement puts you on par with the gangbangers I expect to spill over the stateline from Memphis.

How bout this, prepare more, rob less. You will stay alive that much longer.

stoppingpower 12-11-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth

Who you gonna rob, your nieghbors? That statement puts you on par with the gangbangers I expect to spill over the stateline from Memphis.

How bout this, prepare more, rob less. You will stay alive that much longer.

Do u have a family.. ill rob to serve them not because i Get off to it. I would rob if I HAVE to. But since I live in wyoming I got mnts out side in peeing distance a river its snows like a bitch in winter id be alright for a while

I try talking to my wife about this and she thinks I'm crazy she don't take me seriously. Anyone else got this problem?

trip286 12-11-2011 09:17 PM

Heck, my wife is the one who insists we drill on the bug out every now and then.
She's hit me with a random drill a couple times already, the latest about a month ago (seems we're due for another one), she woke me up at 3 AM, screaming "BUG OUT DRILL" I was pissed. I had been up until 2 drinking with a buddy of mine.

We've go it down to where we are ready to hit the road with everything we need in 1 hour.

downsouth 12-11-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower

Do u have a family.. ill rob to serve them not because i Get off to it. I would rob if I HAVE to. But since I live in wyoming I got mnts out side in peeing distance a river its snows like a bitch in winter id be alright for a while

I try talking to my wife about this and she thinks I'm crazy she don't take me seriously. Anyone else got this problem?

I understand what you mean by do what it takes. But you seemed to go to robbing pretty quick.

By your brief discription of where you live, it seems to me that your in a good place. With some prepping and a few skill sets, you and your family would be ahead of 99% of the population.

As for your wife thinking your crazy, thats pretty much standard in Shtf circles. Mine didnt understand until I got her to read "PATRIOTS". If you are a reader at all let me suggest that to you. Also you could get home before she does and throw the main breaker on the house. Everyone in the home will realize how dependent we are on the grid. Leave it off as long as possible and let it soak in. Course, when she sees the neighbors lights, "your gonna have some splaining to do lucy"

Sniper75 12-11-2011 09:34 PM

If anyone tries to hurt me or my family then I won't think twice about taking a life. But that probably goes for most people. I will scavenge and live off of whatever is left of the land. ( me and everyone else )

JTJ 12-11-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 649035)
Heck, my wife is the one who insists we drill on the bug out every now and then.
She's hit me with a random drill a couple times already, the latest about a month ago (seems we're due for another one), she woke me up at 3 AM, screaming "BUG OUT DRILL" I was pissed. I had been up until 2 drinking with a buddy of mine.

We've go it down to where we are ready to hit the road with everything we need in 1 hour.

Did it occur to you that is the reason she did it?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.