Sh!t hitting the fan?!? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Sh!t hitting the fan?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2057 Times on 1309 Posts
Likes Given: 4693

Default My View of Money

"You won't lose your firearms unless you give them away. Let's put that to bed right now. That's not to say the Feds won't ever try to ban them; just whether or not they succeed is up to us, not them." BKT

That is what I mean by "I don't think we're going to be that lucky." I agree that the government isn't going to take anyone's guns. Most are going to sell them to put food on the table or and keep a roof over their head. Most will "voluntarily" give them up. Future weapons bans will then ensure that no one causes any problems, and those of us fortunate enough to be able to afford guns and bullets will support those bands. Similarly, those fortunate enough to have money in banks in the 1930's supported the NFA to protect what they had from bank robbers. Bank robbers such as Bonnie and Clyde truly were bad people, but thought of as Robin Hood by many at that time.

I don't think it is going to be a clear cut and dry SHTF. It is going to turn into a long drawn out mess. Some people will riot and there will be social unrest, but eventually people will get use to being dirt poor just like they did in the 30's and just like billions are used to it today in China, India, and Mexico.

It really could all collapse at any time and we should all be prepared for that, but I think the most likely out come is going to be that we end up like Mexico. So be prepared for the worst, and I am always preparing for that, but also think about how you would prepare for the US looking like Mexico in ten years? Not everyone in Mexico lives in poverty. How can you ensure that you aren't one of those that do?
Old 11-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #32
Liked 200 Times on 135 Posts

They will slowly outlaw guns one type at a time. And they have tried numerous times on ammunition restrictions ranging from individual round id (make it unfordable) shelf life, storage restrictions ext. The only way to prevent our complete abolishment of our second amendment and more importantly God given right to self defense is to stay diligent in the fight and don't leave it to an under informed or miss informed public.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #33
Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Originally Posted by JonM View Post
basically it will be a war between the liberal types who think they shouldnt have to pay their way and everyone else.
Media and sheep give "liberal" such a bad rap.

Then again, I'm not really a hardcore liberal. I'm a fiscal conservative, but when it comes to social and ethical issues, I take a more liberal/middle of the road position...
[Remington 870 12GA][Stoeger Model 3500 12GA][Savage 116 .30-06][Savage Model 10 Bull Barrel .223][Marlin 336SS .30-30][Marlin 39A .22][Marlin 795 22LR][Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm][Ruger MkIII 22LR]

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #34

I don't think there's going to be any kind of overnight SHTF scenario. My guess is that instead we will continue to experience a very gradual but steady economic decline over at least the next 50-100 years.

By the time gasoline hits around $15/gallon, people may finally start thinking about cutting back on flat screen TVs and iPhones.