Settle An Argument - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Settle An Argument

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Also JD knows that Id give him the five finger death punch if he tried to ban me for talking smack. This is MY house and all you bitches better rekonize!
And two day ban forth coming for the weekend....

JD

Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2991 Times on 1558 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Nah, JD use his avatar against him and make him post

"I will not talk smack to the moderators"

100 times on the chalk board. Then he has to take a pic and post the pic so there is not copy/paste BS going on.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #53

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Then he has to take a pic and post the pic so there is not copy/paste BS going on.
It's like you were reading my mind...

Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #54

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I am trying to put a few finishing touches into my Armageddon Bag (a.k.a. BoB)
and I mentioned to my wife that I wanted a medical staple gun. Of course, I got the knee jerk reaction of "No way!" and that "you can't buy those" (even though you sure can) and "only a doctor should use those"(to which I say BS).

There are a ton of good life saving wound closers, but a staple gun is cheap and effective and has more practicability than many other such items.

So the question stands: To buy a medical staple gun or to NOT buy a medical staple gun. That is the question.
Holy crap! Just go to your health insurance website and get a hardcopy of the names and addresses of all doctors and medical facilities within 50 miles or so of your bugout location. Then, if something bad happens, apply direct pressure and make it your top priority to go to a medical facility and get treatment from a professional.

IMO, amateur surgical procedures are likely to kill you dead in a slow, gruesome, infected, sort of way. If you need to learn more about treating wounded people, get qualified as an EMT or Paramedic at a local community college and work with your local volunteer fire department.

Even in a situation of chaos and disorder, Doctors and Medical Professionals are not going to just disappear off the planet. This might be something that a cache of gold coins or trade goods could really help with. Perhaps the conversation could go something like -- "If you can treat me, I can provide X number of MREs and a water purifier for your medical facility."