Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Setting up bob (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/setting-up-bob-79763/)

shawn_c2000 12-30-2012 12:35 AM

Setting up bob

Okay so I'm setting up a bug out bag and yes I have my own ideas but I wanna see what everyone else would have in there's to get more ideas so y'all may begin postin:p

ctshooter 12-30-2012 12:47 AM

An often overlooked item is multiple forms of fire starters, and tinder. There are a ton of fire starters out there, and there are a bunch of ideas for tinder. For tinder I use tampons. Most come in a water proof package, they are lite take up almost no room, and one tampon when opened up will give you more than enough tinder to get a fire going.

Zombiegirl 12-30-2012 12:53 AM

We have a lot of stuff but the basics include, a flint, multi-tool, foldable shovel, tarp, mini tent, some MRE's, paracord, first aid kit, toiletries, toilet paper in ziploc bag etc. hubby will post pic of some of the stuff we put in there if he can find it.

ctshooter 12-30-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
We have a lot of stuff but the basics include, a flint, multi-tool, foldable shovel, tarp, mini tent, some MRE's, paracord, first aid kit, toiletries, toilet paper in ziploc bag etc. hubby will post pic of some of the stuff we put in there if he can find it.

Find the pic or the bag??? Lol

Zombiegirl 12-30-2012 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter

Find the pic or the bag??? Lol

Haha. We had a pic of the stuff that was in the bags. That's what I was looking for. Here's a pic of just the bag itself with a machete sticking out. My niece was wearing it.

Attachment 76960

HockaLouis 12-30-2012 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are alot of posts on starting and what's in a BOB (not to be confused w/a GHB). Isn't there a sticky here? I think most like forums have such...

Zombie, I beg you guys to reconsider hauling around MRE's.

PS: Niece has a great smile!

shawn_c2000 12-30-2012 01:37 AM

Looks heavy as crap lol

Zombiegirl 12-30-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis
There are alot of posts on starting and what's in a BOB (not to be confused w/a GHB). Isn't there a sticky here? I think most like forums have such...

Zombie, I beg you guys to reconsider hauling around MRE's.

PS: Niece has a great smile!

They're actually really flat ones. I'll post a pic later. They're not full sized ones. Yes she does. She's my cutie pie.

Zombiegirl 12-30-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_c2000
Looks heavy as crap lol

It's not heavy, she's just itty bitty. Haha

shawn_c2000 12-30-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

It's not heavy, she's just itty bitty. Haha

Haha yes she is :)