A serious TEOTWAWKI question! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > A serious TEOTWAWKI question!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Get out of dodge

Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #12

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Three guns? THREE!? Well, I've never really thought about that. A challenging question. Three of them eh? How insightful and thought-provoking...

Ah, but a sage once asked: "what is the nature of your TEOWTWAWKI scenario?" What a wise man. A real coach in the game of life. A big fish in a small pond.

Well, I DO know one needs a .22 LR rifle mostly because it is the weakest and I'm gonna live off of salamanders, me and my parrot who keeps praising the pipsqueek chambering, that'll shoot all the free Zombie battlefield pick-up rimfire. And if YOU think it is weak I'd like to see YOU stand in front of one -- lol, lol, lol.

And a $119 milsurp is a must -- lucky the commies didn't realize they had the best guns ever made and just gave their Makarovs, Nagants, and Mosin Nagants (bolt actions never fail you see) to their former enemies for hard currency -- jokes on them 'cause our money is worthless!

But the AR with lotsa junk hangin' on it, or was it the AK, is the best. Again, don't forget the mounted tactical flashlight w/strobe.

But one really needs the all-purpose Remington 500 shotgun. It is better than the Mossberg 870 12 ga. but that doesn't matter as long as you load alternating rounds of Flite-Control Tactical-colored Reduced Recoil #00 Buckshot and rifled slugs.

And you'll need a main battle rifle because apparently you don't want to be limited to the skirmishes.

And that trusty do-it-all 29" barreled 7mm-08 hunting rifle with Leupold scope that's accurate to 3,900 meters is critical when you want to, wink, wink, reach out and touch someone.

And a .357 is the most versatile. Revolver or semi-auto. 9mm or .45. Double action or single.

A flintlock: you can pick up flints on the roadway, mine and smelt your own lead, and make blackpowder from your pee.

Any gun is better than none.

They're all good as long as you plan your preps first. Or was that practice.

No hollow-points: Zombies have lawyers and will rip you apart in front of a jury and eat your brains.

A knife never runs out of ammo.

Soylent Green is people.

I'm here all week, twice on Sundays...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-21-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Three guns? THREE!? Well, I've never really thought about that. A challenging question. Three of them eh? How insightful and thought-provoking...

Ah, but a sage once asked: "what is the nature of your TEOWTWAWKI scenario?" What a wise man. A real coach in the game of life. A big fish in a small pond.

Well, I DO know one needs a .22 LR rifle mostly because it is the weakest and I'm gonna live off of salamanders, me and my parrot who keeps praising the pipsqueek chambering, that'll shoot all the free Zombie battlefield pick-up rimfire. And if YOU think it is weak I'd like to see YOU stand in front of one -- lol, lol, lol.

And a $119 milsurp is a must -- lucky the commies didn't realize they had the best guns ever made and just gave their Makarovs, Nagants, and Mosin Nagants (bolt actions never fail you see) to their former enemies for hard currency -- jokes on them 'cause our money is worthless!

But the AR with lotsa junk hangin' on it, or was it the AK, is the best. Again, don't forget the mounted tactical flashlight w/strobe.

But one really needs the all-purpose Remington 500 shotgun. It is better than the Mossberg 870 12 ga. but that doesn't matter as long as you load alternating rounds of Flite-Control Tactical-colored Reduced Recoil #00 Buckshot and rifled slugs.

And you'll need a main battle rifle because apparently you don't want to be limited to the skirmishes.

And that trusty do-it-all 29" barreled 7mm-08 hunting rifle with Leupold scope that's accurate to 3,900 meters is critical when you want to, wink, wink, reach out and touch someone.

And a .357 is the most versatile. Revolver or semi-auto. 9mm or .45. Double action or single.

A flintlock: you can pick up flints on the roadway, mine and smelt your own lead, and make blackpowder from your pee.

No hollow-points: Zombies have lawyers and will rip you apart in front of a jury and eat your brains.

Soylent Green is people.

Im coming with you, black powder with your pee?!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Now that mushroom cloud, although sublime to an awesome degree, is the most diabolic evil ever let loose in the nuclear realm.
Hope NEVER EVER to see such a thing in our lifetime. Action will inevitably birth a reaction here on earth, which would be the end of life.
nuclear_bomb_mushroom_cloud1.jpg  

Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #15

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Ruger 10/22, Ruger SP101, Louisville Slugger. Plenty of .22lr ammo, fairly abundant amount of .38/.357, the bat is quiet with unlimited ammo.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #16

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Soylent Green is people.

You're awesome...

Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #17

Will someone plz tell my what teotwaki or whatever it is means!!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
Will someone plz tell my what teotwaki or whatever it is means!!
bend over and kiss your rear goodbye

Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #19

The end of the world as we know it. Took me a moment

Old 02-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Louisville Slugger.
Corked? Or maybe something in aluminum might be a batter choice.