Self Defense Shot Placement - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Self Defense Shot Placement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #31
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Taser has actually built a Taser in a 12 Ga. shot shell. It works just as well as a standard Taser, but it's effective out to something like 75 yards.
That is correct, I saw it on "FUTURE WEAPONS" about a month ago. The down-side is the stun power only lasts for about 8 seconds right now. This will change as technology improves. I 'd like to TEST this Taser on select government officials...

It's OK JD, that's why you pay me the big bucks!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2833 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
No Mark it isn't because a Taser uses electricity which can interrupt a pacemaker and is very limited in distance .

I'm talking about emitting a sonic wave in the body that is tuned to only effect specific nerves not the organs or any medical implants .

Also without the distance limitation of a taser by putting it inside of a bullet .

I'm not a doctor or a scientist I don't know if it is possible all I am saying it would be nice if it it is .
The TASER "T-wave" can interfere with the output of a pacemaker but only while the Taser is hot. As soon as the output stops on the Taser, the pacemaker clicks along as if nothing has happened. Pacemakers are tough little devices. They are made to withstand the electrical charge of a defbrillator which puts out many, many times more amperage than a Taser.

I agree that Taser has been developing a stand-off Taser projectile. Hard to say if they will ever get it into production.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #33

Hi Guys,

I didn't read the other post so I don't know if this website was linked to or not. So at the risk of repeating information here is a link to Handloads.com with ballistic reports on different ammo.

http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/default.asp?

Joe

Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephbw View Post
Hi Guys,

I didn't read the other post so I don't know if this website was linked to or not. So at the risk of repeating information here is a link to Handloads.com with ballistic reports on different ammo.

http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/default.asp?

Joe
I've been using handloads.org for years for my reloading reference. Be aware that these loads are at maximum pressure!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #35

We teach canter mass until the threat stops in Ga.

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon,
then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today."

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.