Self Defense Shot Placement - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Self Defense Shot Placement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
That's an awesome concept Big001. I hereby place you in charge of research and development.
LOL

Thanks , but where's the 10 digit bank account that comes with the title ?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Just had a thought that is about as SciFi as hell .

What would be cool is if they developed a electronic bullet with limited penetration that upon impact began emitting a certain frequency blast of sound for a short duration of time that would disrupt the nerve functions to the point it could cause paralysis of the limbs but not disrupt the heart , lung , brain functions .
It's called a TASER

Old 09-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
It's called a TASER
No Mark it isn't because a Taser uses electricity which can interrupt a pacemaker and is very limited in distance .

I'm talking about emitting a sonic wave in the body that is tuned to only effect specific nerves not the organs or any medical implants .

Also without the distance limitation of a taser by putting it inside of a bullet .

I'm not a doctor or a scientist I don't know if it is possible all I am saying it would be nice if it it is .

Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

There's already the sonic/sound wave emitter device that was developed by the US army for crowd control. It's mounted on top of a vehicle, and creates severe nausea/vomiting/loss of balance to anyone in front of it. I imagine if they put their minds to it, something like that, but in a small package (like bullet form) can be made.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
No Mark it isn't because a Taser uses electricity which can interrupt a pacemaker and is very limited in distance .

I'm talking about emitting a sonic wave in the body that is tuned to only effect specific nerves not the organs or any medical implants .

Also without the distance limitation of a taser by putting it inside of a bullet .

I'm not a doctor or a scientist I don't know if it is possible all I am saying it would be nice if it it is .
Back to the drawing board...

A NanoTASER completely encapsulated into a .50 size bullet. It's Totally controlled by a microprocessor and a nano-sized state-or-the-art guidance system that is laser guided. It automatically adjusts for stun rate and knock down by gauging the target as it approaches. Last but not least it has an "instant" kill mode that's totally operator controlled...

Last edited by Mark F; 09-23-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Back to the drawing board...

A NanoTASER completely encapsulated into a .50 size bullet. It's Totally controlled by a microprocessor and a nano-sized state-or-the-art guidance system that is laser guided. It automatically adjusts for stun rate and knock down by gauging the target as it approaches. Last but not least it has an "instant" kill mode that's totally operator controlled...
Sold! I need it in a 1911 Platform though. And by the end of next week please.

JD

Old 09-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Sold! I need it in a 1911 Platform though. And by the end of next week please.

JD
Dammit JD, you had to go and change the platform requirements. It's back to the drawing board... again.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Taser has actually built a Taser in a 12 Ga. shot shell. It works just as well as a standard Taser, but it's effective out to something like 75 yards.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #29

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Dammit JD, you had to go and change the platform requirements. It's back to the drawing board... again.
Sorry Mark - I jumped into the project halfway through and OF COURSE had to make some changes... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Taser has actually built a Taser in a 12 Ga. shot shell. It works just as well as a standard Taser, but it's effective out to something like 75 yards.
Now that is a cool product.

JD

Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 AM   #30

Big,

I hate to sound like a broken record, but even in the case you described (called "wilding" since a NYC event of group violence on a single victim almost 20 years ago), my advice would be the same.

All,

I'm out of this one, hitting the road again for a few courses..... feel free to PM or email any specific follow ups...

-RJP