Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Security

For those of us in high population dense areas I recommend this (if you don't have a massive foaming at the mouth dog)

12 GA BLANK TRIP WIRE NOISE ALARM : Survival Gear at GunBroker.com

Reason is this, I've been discussing this with a few people and we've been wondering what would happen after initial food stores run clean (which all estimates say the food in your house and at stores currently will last the population eight days max). Once that's over with, people that aren't prepared are going to have to look for food, and chances are, they'll be looking at you.
Assuming you have no power, your security system is not going to be on and motion detection lighting is now useless. It'll be pitch black with nothing to alert you that someone may be trying to break in or even scope out your place. A handful of these inside and outside would not only scare the living crap out of an intruder but REALLY give you a heads up to grab the boomstick and be on the ready.

Just my two cents.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2009, 05:35 AM   #2

(for many of us, these is no extra safehouse or BOL, we just have to work with what we have)

Old 12-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #3

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

You should be able to make these yourself and possable save some money doing so.

If I was using this in a shtf situation the use of live rounds would be ok for me sense it may incapacitate the thief.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Here is a cheep way to make one.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #5

That's a good one,Opaww,I'll be making some of those.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Well done. I like it.