Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (
-   -   Security (

LotzORemmies 12-12-2009 06:34 AM

For those of us in high population dense areas I recommend this (if you don't have a massive foaming at the mouth dog)

Reason is this, I've been discussing this with a few people and we've been wondering what would happen after initial food stores run clean (which all estimates say the food in your house and at stores currently will last the population eight days max). Once that's over with, people that aren't prepared are going to have to look for food, and chances are, they'll be looking at you.
Assuming you have no power, your security system is not going to be on and motion detection lighting is now useless. It'll be pitch black with nothing to alert you that someone may be trying to break in or even scope out your place. A handful of these inside and outside would not only scare the living crap out of an intruder but REALLY give you a heads up to grab the boomstick and be on the ready.

Just my two cents.

LotzORemmies 12-12-2009 06:35 AM

(for many of us, these is no extra safehouse or BOL, we just have to work with what we have)

opaww 12-12-2009 10:49 AM

You should be able to make these yourself and possable save some money doing so.

If I was using this in a shtf situation the use of live rounds would be ok for me sense it may incapacitate the thief.

opaww 12-12-2009 10:59 AM

Here is a cheep way to make one.

flyingbrickracing 12-12-2009 02:33 PM

That's a good one,Opaww,I'll be making some of those.

LotzORemmies 12-13-2009 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by opaww (Post 198385)

Well done. I like it.