Scenario -What would you do? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Scenario -What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Leaving the Mall...

Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute...

Did you run out of cosmetics and wear out your strapless pumps?

TACK

Old 09-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #52

USMC, first I would like to thank you for your service. I would also like to thank you for being honest in sharing your opinion.

And in regards to Cro Cop, I think you're right. The Japan earthquake may have been a Mirko Filipovic midnight-stumbling-to-the-bathroom-after-a-hard-training-day toe stub. LoL.

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Leaving the Mall...

Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute...

Did you run out of cosmetics and wear out your strapless pumps?

TACK
Lol...

I unfortunately work at the mall...and carrying (concealed or open) is illegal there. I am very careful about who/what is around when going out to my car and I have actually gone back inside the mall when I felt uncomfortable after noticing a sketchy looking hooded man in the shadows. A minute or two later, I saw security running after him, so I guess my instincts didn't let me down.

As for the scenario, I have to agree with JonM- I'd probably pull out my cell phone first before a gun if I noticed some suspicious men with no apparent weapons. Then I would walk briskly toward an alternate entrance, cutting diagonally between cars, if possible. My gun would be my last resort if I felt threatened and I would only pull it if I was planning on using it and STOPPING someone with it.

Honestly, I'd try to use my brain more in the first place to avoid such a situation. Yes, I am that petite 120 lb. woman who has no training on how to fight. If I was somewhere where I was armed and had to defend myself, I would do it. At work I am not armed and I am not afraid to ask a coworker to accompany me to my car at night on the rare occasion that I have to park far away on a deserted level of the parking deck. Don't get me wrong, I don't walk around frightened and looking over my shoulder, but I am also realistic about my size and abilities and try to use common sense.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #54

My apologies,

I assumed your were male and had to wonder how any man could spend enough time at the mall to make the scenario plausible.

TACK

Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I assumed your were male and had to wonder how any man could spend enough time at the mall to make the scenario plausible.

TACK
Ever heard of Corn Dog 7? {drooling noises}

Old 09-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Ever heard of Corn Dog 7? {drooling noises}
Nope, but even if I had, it would not be enough to get me into a mall more than the obligatory "once per year Xmas shopping".

"Fear of weaponry in the modern male is a sign of sexual and emotional retardation". Sigmund Frued

I would expand this quote by inserting ", and comfort in shopping malls," between weaponry and in.

TACK

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You haven't had the fried pepperjack.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
My apologies,

TACK
Haha...now that I think about it, none of my guy friends or male relatives really like to go to the mall...

Old 09-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
Haha...now that I think about it, none of my guy friends or male relatives really like to go to the mall...
It's genetic, heterosexual males simply DO NOT shop for the sake of shopping. We only go to store when we know exactly what we're buying and prefer the store where we already know what shelf it's on.

However, were I in your shoes, I'd walk to my car with 1 hand on my gun, "assuming you purse carry", and my car key in the other. I'd also be talking to mall management about a consistent security presence in the parking garage.

Good luck and be safe. It's truly refreshing to see another citizen taking responsibility for there personal security.

TACK