Scenario -What would you do? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Scenario -What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I would naturally walk DIAGONALLY away from their direction
so as to get a good read on their intent. If they turn in my
direction then it is clear what will be going down soon. Now
it's up to you to respond most efficiently with weapon clearly
drawn and in sight. You either shout "Stop!!" or go into action.
For at this point your life is threatened.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
You are leaving the mall alone

you did not see begin to follow you about 12 feet back.

It is night time
Dismissing the fact that I would A) not go alone, B) not stay after dark, C) be aware of who is approaching well before that distance was closed in...
I'd likely cut across through the aisle of parked cars and double back (towards the building).
As mentioned upthread, if they mirrored that, they have conveyed their intent and have become a threat involving disparity of force.
Threats will be stopped.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Get some training and then take a 1/2 hour minimum each week to think things through. My last DHS training was in Feb. of this year. This female Sgt. from the VA police training unit tough defensive tactics. 10 feet is too close for 1 guy let alone 2. We would have given verbal orders and if not followed then present our weapon. Don't let your self get in this position at 10 feet. She told us to shoot them both center mass. This is the way it is now with Big Sister. In a parking lot late, alone and dimly lit you better be code orange. 1 person with a knife at 21 feet can cut you before you can shoot them. Don't feel that you need to get to your car, look for a safe area or near a camera. Change your course. If I shoot I want to be seen on camera. My hand motions for them to stop and their attack motion followed by the shooting. God knows if you shoot someone the next 48 hours will be hell on you.The next 2 years will buy your lawyer a new home. Always wait on your lawyer. If any words come out of your mouth it better be "why were they trying to kill me"? The Mayor of Albuquerque once asked me why I would not come to a dinner he had at a place in downtown, I told him because I choose not to be a crime victim. I hope this makes a little sense. Try a can of OC if you are not going to use your sidearm.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #34

Liked 1916 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Again, discounting letting one’s self get into this situation in the first place and recognizing 12 feet is way to close;
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Warning shot= bad idea.
Please expound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin View Post
We would have given verbal orders and if not followed then present our weapon.
Warning, then weapon display, then death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin View Post
My hand motions for them to stop and their attack motion followed by the shooting.
Warning and then straight to lethality?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #35

Caoimhin reminded me of a study I read once. I can't recall where I read it but the conclusion was that an attacker could close a 20 foot distance before an officer would be able to draw his weapon and use it effectively. This was both starting from standstill in a neutral position.

I had never paid too much attention from the point of the gunman because I was always from the unarmed mentality. I would always think that if I could get within 20 feet of them, I stand a chance. LoL.

Old days Hawaii weapons were rarely used on each other. It used to be "we fight and whether I win or lose, it's 1-on-1 and we often are friends after."

Obviously, that has changed.

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #36

Liked 3286 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
SCENARIO: LEAVING THE MALL
Am I the only one who sees this as unrealistic? I avoid malls like I avoid Code Pink and Obama Rallys.
Quote:
You tell them to "Stop! Get Back! Leave me alone!" To you it seems like you are going to get jumped, maybe attacked or carjacked. You are obviously concerned for your safety and these two guys don't seem detered by your commands.You continue to tell them to stop, while walking backwards to your vehicle which is parked at the far end of the lot.
They are obviously deaf foreign exchange students in need of assistance.
Quote:
Considering they are acting aggressive
Wrong! They are simply confused by your behavior.
Quote:
You draw your firearm, but they still advance and don't seem to be affected by it.
They are unfamiliar with firearms and wish to get a closer look.

You are obviously a hate filled Tea Party member who has no business in polite society and should be immediately stripped of all rights and sent to a reeducation facility.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #37

LoL. great post overkill. Interesting take on the subject.

You know, it occurs to me that maybe we just have slightly differing definitions of the word "realistic." only slightly, though.

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
So, let me get this straight. Two people in a garage after I have left the mall are advancing on me AFTER I have told them to leave me alone AND I have already pulled my weapon??

YouTube - Collateral

1) I think that last shot would get you in deep sh!$.
2) That was pretty bad azz.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #39

Liked 214 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

1) I think that last shot would get you in deep sh!$.
2) That was pretty bad azz.
Eh, he dies at the end, no arrest for him.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #40

wow, and people get on me for ripping into to other posters or OPs.

and to clarify cause i saw the question earlier, a warning shot not only shows youre scared, but your incompetent and a vagina. scared of killing someone? dont carry a gun, at all, ever. "ill just shoot to wound" and they will sue to homelessness you brainchild.

i dont find the question retarded as others have stated, just...awkward. 2 guys walking behind me is of concern but not of pants-sh*tting proportions. and dont run, or shout, cause now you're being a loud and annoying middle aged person who never had to deal with a dangerous situation and you look like fresh meat. (hollywood does this too, its always the unexpecting, never had a horrible day or got into a fight 40yo white guy who is the supposedly the "hero"). if you cant defend yourself with your fists in the first place, again, you shouldnt carry a firearm.

call the cops, say you have 2 unknown men following you and you will fire upon them in 2 mins if the cops are not there. watch them show up in 30 seconds.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Last edited by usmcprofessional; 09-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.