Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Scenario -What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

So, let me get this straight. Two people in a garage after I have left the mall are advancing on me AFTER I have told them to leave me alone AND I have already pulled my weapon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Yo Homie, is that my briefcase?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is breaking into song and skipping an option? I would absolutely not consider robbing a person who just started singing and skipping.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I think everything that needs to be said, has been said.

graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg  

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

^I agree.

I agree with the guy that said to increase walking speed and see if they do the same or keep following. I think it is a good idea if they are already not too close to you and show no visable weapon, but you have to remember an adult man can close a gap of 10 feet in something like 1 second. For most people that isn't wouldn't be enough time to draw and fire an their attacker.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #15

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

you DO NOT draw your weapon unless you are willing to use it and use it right then!

you DO NOT tell them you have a weapon and try to "feign" them off. if they know you have it, but haven't pulled it yet.........there is a good chance that they could close the distance before you pull it and take it away from you.

TWO FOLLOWERS, AND YOU TOLD, UH ASKED THEM (3 OR MORE TIMES) TO BACK OFF? that's a threat in itself: 2 : 1 is 2 : 1, regardless of how it seems.

it's a tough call, but i'd get to a/my vehicle and try to put it between me and them, circling it if i had to; if they follow, or especially split up and try to corner me, THEN IT IS TIME TO DANCE.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

NGIB and IGETEVEN have covered it well. If I warn a person several times to leave me alone and they continue to advance they become a threat. The level of that threat will increase rapidly with each warning. If you tell a person, "I have a gun and if you do not leave me alone I will shoot you" and they don't stop....they aren't looking for directions.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2011, 03:50 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You do not "shoot to wound" or "shoot to kill". You shoot to stop a threat against your life. I freely invite anyone that thinks they can reliably "shoot to wound" while moving, against a moving target, in poor light, under stress, multiple targets, to visit my world. The sky is a lovely blue color here, and I would love to know what color it is in their world.

Translation- your friend is being totally unrealistic. Center mass has a much higher likelihood of stopping the threat. Even then, it does not work 100.0000% of the time. A friend, LEO, put two rounds of .357 in the chest of a bad guy at 3 ft. Bad guy had already broken my friend's collar bone (he did not know that at the moment, all he knew was that nothing on his left side worked) Bad guy turned and WALKED AWAY. Was tackled by 4 other LEOs responding, and fought with them. He did die in the ER- 30 minutes later. Better living thru chemistry- he was high as a kite.

Back to your scenario- I have no idea what the motive is of the two subjects- if they are legit (store security that want to talk with me) they should identify themselves. LEO- show me the badge. If I have drawn a weapon, spoken, and they have ignored what I said, and continued to advance on me, there is about to be a very loud sound.

What he said....

Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default scenario

In todays world it is really stupid to go shopping where one would be alone ,at night ,subject to a robbery ,rape or being killed, if you live in a high crime area.The posted ''what if '' seems too unrealistic for real life ..... cable tv maybe?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #19

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
In todays world it is really stupid to go shopping where one would be alone ,at night ,subject to a robbery ,rape or being killed, if you live in a high crime area.The posted ''what if '' seems too unrealistic for real life ..... cable tv maybe?
How do you figure this is too unrealistic? Someone leave a business and then is followed. Seems plausable to me. This isn't a high crime area. I live in a nice town with a large mall. Busses run from other not so nice towns to the local mall though, which is why I don't go there very often. There have been a few reports of incidents from what I can recall. Overall it is a pretty safe neighborhood, but that doesn't mean something can't happen.

I've gone many times to the mall alone, at night, and buying something. I don't do it often now. Usually I am with a friend or ordering online. I don't think this is too unrealistic.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #20

Liked 300 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 26

If your going to do this thing, don't forget to pick up your brass and destroy your weapon used or leave it there.

The legal crap after the fact is such a bitch.

And I agree this thread is stupid.