Scenario: Mass Invasion.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Scenario: Mass Invasion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default Scenario: Mass Invasion.

Ok, here's a SHTF situation for everyone. An enemy army has crossed the border into the US (does not matter which one). The military has their hands full defending DC, and other strategically important cities. There is little military involvement in your area and a small (around 50-100 infantry) part of the enemy's army is quickly approaching your town. A number of your friend, neighbors (about 100 people.), and family has looked to you for guidence. Will you fight or will you run? What weapons will you use. What will be your strategy for defending the town?

P.S. If you can hold out for 3-4 days, reenforcement from our military will arrive to help you.

Also, what would you do if it was just you and your family?

I have seen plenty of government break down and zombie/other apocalyptic scenario's but I don't think I have seen a invasion scenario. I'll be interested to hear what everyone would do in this situation.

I would probably decide to stay and fight. I would have all streets going into the town blocked. I would have snipers (basically anyone with a scoped rifle) posted at each blockade. When/if the enemy reached the blockade, I would have the snipers fall back into a second blocked area. Within this area, there would be several men from the town (women and children would be kept in the third blocked area for saftey) with semi autos/full autos to cut down the approching enemy force (they would also act as guerrilla fighters to slow the enemy down or completely prevent them from reaching the third blockade). If the enemy made it passed this point, Depending on how many of them/us was left, We would either launch a full out frontal assult or retreat.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-27-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
I would probably decide to stay and fight. I would have all streets going into the town blocked. I would have snipers (basically anyone with a scoped rifle) posted at each blockade. When/if the enemy reached the blockade, I would have the snipers fall back into a second blocked area. Within this area, there would be several men from the town (women and children would be kept in the third blocked area for saftey) with semi autos/full autos to cut down the approching enemy force (they would also act as guerrilla fighters to slow the enemy down or completely prevent them from reaching the third blockade). If the enemy made it passed this point, Depending on how many of them/us was left, We would either launch a full out frontal assult or retreat.
I am assuming the invading force is military therefor you will be fighting tanks,artillery, and aircraft with small arms.

My guess you don't have a town after the first shot is fired.

My tactic would be spread into 4-6 groups with scoped weapons and fight guerrilla warfare outside the town.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Yes, it is military, but only a small group. They have small arms but will not have any support from tanks, artillary, or aircraft. The rest of the enemy army will be fighting our military.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Recon them first. Good to know for sure. If I gather 100 people to help me, I will IED the road they are on. Try to kill the head and cut off the tail and do our best to kill as many as we can in the middle. Then retreat if we have anyone left, or if the enemy is all dead. See if they want more....

Having said all that, I'm sure we would get our butts kicked, but what the....

Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy; 09-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 873 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 195

I know my town better than a "visitor".

Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #6

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

For the answer to this question, see "insurgence in Afghanistan & Iraq." The big difference? We will have 100 or so good guys coming to fight back in a few days. When they get there, me and my 100 (or so) will be ready to fight back from the inside.

P.S. The origin of the attacking army is very relevant IMO. Against France (for example) my approach would work well, against China....not so much.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Invasion from France? I would ask my wife to demand their surrender while armed with a Mont Blanc pen.

Invasion from pretty much any other country? Lay low until reinforcements arrive.

No reinforcements coming? If they commence hostilities, then it's time to start guerrilla warfare, hit and run, IED's, etc.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #8

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Invasion from France? I would ask my wife to demand their surrender while armed with a Mont Blanc pen.

Invasion from pretty much any other country? Lay low until reinforcements arrive.

No reinforcements coming? If they commence hostilities, then it's time to start guerrilla warfare, hit and run, IED's, etc.
Bingo!

France was just the scape goat for any other country likely to follow the "rules of war," i.e. no killing civilians intentionally, etc, etc.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #9

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

IED's and guerrilla warfare until reinforcements arrive. Have to make sure of their indirect fire capabilities. If they have NO indirect fire capabilities, I think it would be feasible to allow them into the city and lure them into a good kill zone. If their are ANY indirect fire capabilities I would try my best to keep them away from the town. Remember, there are going to be women and children in town, and I've seen the grief of a mortar or rocket hitting a school or home by mistake, when it's been fired at the invading army.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 776

Guerrilla warfare. Certainly not going to go head to head with a trained military force. But I think we could whittle them down quite a bit.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA