Sawyer water filter SP 181 HELP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Sawyer water filter SP 181 HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 314 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Sawyer water filter SP 181 HELP

So I was at my local Cabelas today, and was hunting around for deals. I came across a Sawyer water filter marked down from 69.99 to 52.99 and the reason for the discount is pkg damage. I talk to the guy behind the counter and he states that I would get a additional 15 percent off, because it has been sitting for so long and that pkg damage means there is damage to the box, and was never sold or returned. There is some creasing in the box but no tears or any real damage, so I pull everything out and see no damage itself on any of the products they look brand new, so I buy it.

I get home and see that there are two squeezable pouches 12oz and 32 oz in the package. I don't think they even sell a 12 oz squeezable water pouch that I can find anymore, ok maybe its really old but that's fine. Then I find a set of adapters, the (Sawyer Inline Adapters for Screw On Filters) which usually comes with a blue and grey connector, and is not included in the SP 181. Weird thing is I have two of the grey ones in the bag no blue one. So here is the million dollar question, did I get lucky and get one extra bag, the 12 oz squeezable, and a couple extra adapters, or did I buy someone else's return and Cabelas just labeled it as "pkg damage." Seems odd that there is more than what normally comes with the sp 181 kit. Also its states on the receipt and sticker no returns. If this is the case that it actually is a mixture of incorrect parts, I would think they would have to take it back, as it was obviously not true that it was discounted solely on the package being damaged, but rather a return from a customer that did not want it or damaged it. Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here