Sarge and the GPS - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Sarge and the GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
A word on Nuvis, tom-Toms, and ANY nav system-

Rule 1. If you find that the map and the terrain disagree, you should assume that the terrain is the correct one. I don't care if the map says there is no lake there- if you are looking at water, let's just assume that no one told the lake. We recently had a case of a woman that came to a T- instersection, and drove through it, into the woods. When asked why she drove off the road, it was because her GPS told her to "keep straight".

Shallow end of the gene pool.

Sarge- I would have loved to have stayed indoors. But we were either rescuing (read that as recovering the bodies) folks that did NOT stay indoors, or preparing to defend against the 98th Godless Horde (Augmented) sitting on the other side of the Bering. (They wanted to stay inside and drink vodka)

The good part about having spent time in the Yukon- besides the scenery- when you were sitting around the club at Benning or Bragg, and someone started talking about how cold it was in Germany, or Korea....
(Coldest I have worked in was about -65 F, we could not calculate wind chill, because the chart only goes to -150. That is cold enough that a CO2 fire extinguisher will not work)
Yeah I hear ya, I would walk to work every day when we were working in Anchorage. What the heck it was only 1.5 Miles. But when winter came along and it was dark enough all day and you couldn't see the sidewalk or the ice or the curb I decided to buy a car. I sure felt lazy but I was safe. We all wore so many layers of coats that we had a special coat room to hold all the clothes. It would have been nice to wear long johns but the building was so hot inside that you would sweat all day.
Sarge

Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

prefer the garmin, cant say no to any device thats built on a Linux Kernal, POWER TO DA LINUX (insert penguin sound here)