Realistic revolution... - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Realistic revolution...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 312 Times on 220 Posts

This may be a little off topic, but do you guys remember the WTO protests in Seattle years ago? When windows were smashed, and chaos reigned? I got my education that week about these 'organic' protests of the people. I was there for work that week, and was at SeaTac preparing to fly out when dozens of the protesters showed up to catch their flights out of town. I listened to them discuss which event they were being sent to next. These people were basically paid, professional protesters that simply went where they were told. Going back to the 60's many of these protests have been bought and paid for by other Governments and political groups from all over the world. The Occupy movement was a well funded plan to help their guy win back the White House and get the base fired up. Much of the money was traced back to an Ad Busters group out of Canada. The Soviets pumped cash into left wing groups throughout the 60's and 70's. Just as our CIA funds problems for other governments all over the world. I don't take many protesters very seriously since many of them are paid 'useful idiots' that don't even understand the issues they are protesting. And sometimes, the organizers and leaders of these groups want to incite conflicts with the local police. Then they get on TV and get a louder voice. I am not generally a fan of our over-funder, revenue collecting police forces, but when a bunch of idiots do everything in their power to get a cop to react, I'll give the cop a little more leeway in his use of force. I think the police typically act a lot less violently than most people would.

As to a future revolution, I agree with many of the above comments. Our society is so clueless and complacent that it is going to take a fairly huge meltdown to get any kind of action out of us. But our current economic situation may get us there someday. I'd much rather see a mass movement toward voting out career politicians and shrinking the huge, inefficient government we have. I'm not sure violent revolutions end well that often. Ours was an outlier.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #82

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Armede revolt will only start if there is a breakdown in the welfare system, and those who choose not to work no longer get their freebies.

The rebellion will come from the left ,not the right. And the military will put it down in a couple of days.
Agreed. I started to type something ike this out; then seen the thread was at 9 pages. I was sure someone hit on it already. Very well said my friend, well said.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #83
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8260 Times on 4772 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Their 1st Amendment right's weren't being denied, abridged, or any other word you want to use. Citizens have a right to Peaceably Assemble. What the Occupy group did was not peace related.
The requirement that people or groups obtain a permit in order to protest is, de facto, a restriction of their First amendment rights. Period. That is the word I would use. Permits can be denied and that would be a denial of 1A rights.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

The requirement that people or groups obtain a permit in order to protest is, de facto, a restriction of their First amendment rights. Period. That is the word I would use. Permits can be denied and that would be a denial of 1A rights.
I agree in general that permits can be somewhat restrictive, but there are sometimes public safety issues that need to be addressed before letting large numbers of people occupy a public space. And if you take everything too far then we end up with Anarchy, and that doesn't end well either.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
I agree in general that permits can be somewhat restrictive, but there are sometimes public safety issues that need to be addressed before letting large numbers of people occupy a public space. And if you take everything too far then we end up with Anarchy, and that doesn't end well either.
Anarchy by which definition?

an·ar·chy

/ˈanərkē/
Noun

1) A state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

2) Absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Synonyms
chaos - misrule - anarchism

I would strive for the second definition myself. The first is not desireable.

What you say may or may not be what would happen. The Occupy protests did not take into account the basic sanitary needs of a large number of people over a long span of time. That was a major flaw in their (lack of) planning (one of many I might add, another being their lack of a cohesive message). Personally, I have experience in large public gatherings and I would take those things into consideration. The next guy may not. Why not let the chips fall where they may? If your protest results in mass cases of dysentery, then I would daresay it would have a detrimental effect on your intended message.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Anarchy by which definition?

an·ar·chy
/ˈanərkē/
Noun

1) A state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

2) Absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Synonyms
chaos - misrule - anarchism

I would strive for the second definition myself. The first is not desireable.

What you say may or may not be what would happen. The Occupy protests did not take into account the basic sanitary needs of a large number of people over a long span of time. That was a major flaw in their (lack of) planning (one of many I might add, another being their lack of a cohesive message). Personally, I have experience in large public gatherings and I would take those things into consideration. The next guy may not. Why not let the chips fall where they may? If your protest results in mass cases of dysentery, then I would daresay it would have a detrimental effect on your intended message.
Whatever we would strive for or desire is irrelevant. Protests and revolutions kind of go where they go. And history shows it usually ends up going with whoever has the most or the biggest guns. That doesn't end pretty. Occupy was a collection of fools even if some of their message worked for many people. And if you want to let anarchy take place, who do you think will survive? The Occupy protesters, or the gun owning citizens that disagree with them? Seems like a lopsided bloodbath to me. my guess is that we wouldn't have heard too much of the economically ignorant Occupy message.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
Whatever we would strive for or desire is irrelevant. Protests and revolutions kind of go where they go. And history shows it usually ends up going with whoever has the most or the biggest guns. That doesn't end pretty. Occupy was a collection of fools even if some of their message worked for many people. And if you want to let anarchy take place, who do you think will survive? The Occupy protesters, or the gun owning citizens that disagree with them? Seems like a lopsided bloodbath to me. my guess is that we wouldn't have heard too much of the economically ignorant Occupy message.
The Occupiers apparently were seeking the anarchy of chaos. Perhaps that was why they failed.

Quote:

Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #88

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Seal team six itself can get rolling in a few hours. It's the chain of command that creates the problems.

The people of Afghanistan have never had high tech weaponry. Yet, they still managed to bring the Russians to a stalemate for 20 years. Our Army has been there for 10 years and the extremists have only gotten stronger. The Taliban went from a rabble to being able to open an embassy in Afghanistan. I think the American people are better organized than a bunch of illiterate sheepherders.

True; alrough they also are supplied with real weaponry (not just semi-autoloaders)

I seen one member referance the American Revolution saying that it has happened and could happen again. Please keep in mind that we were very close to a breaking point until the French sailed in with their Navy. This begs the question; What if any ally would could and take up arms with us against the most powerful millitary pushing the NWO??

Thoughts please...

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #89

Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
True; alrough they also are supplied with real weaponry (not just semi-autoloaders)

I seen one member referance the American Revolution saying that it has happened and could happen again. Please keep in mind that we were very close to a breaking point until the French sailed in with their Navy. This begs the question; What if any ally would could and take up arms with us against the most powerful millitary pushing the NWO??

Thoughts please...
OKAY, how about this.

If our founding fathers had been tracked down, and

returned to England(which, BTW, STILL refers to the American

Revolution as "The Colonial Rebellion") or any British-held

stronghold here, at that time, they would have been given a

"fair trial" and a first-rate hanging, for treason.

Mere luck found them fortuitously unstretched, at the cessation

of hostilities, when England was forced to concede our sovereignty,

and accept terms on our side of the Atlantic, as we chose.

WE know we are all patriots, but if a bad government prevails,

they will not hesitate to label anyone they so choose, and

execute them,

as surely as England would have hung Franklin, Stockton, Hancock,

Jefferson, Monroe, and the rest of the FF. . .

Old 08-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 652 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 3631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Look at the wording of the amendment.

"Congress shall make no law..."

Cities and town can require permits for any kind of gathering, especially if it is on public property. Do you know what the reason is behind these permits?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere