Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Realistic revolution...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Hey I like "Congress shall make no law."

WHY can't we just leave it at that?

Old 08-20-2013, 04:06 AM   #92
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7654 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Look at the wording of the amendment.

"Congress shall make no law..."

Cities and town can require permits for any kind of gathering, especially if it is on public property. Do you know what the reason is behind these permits?
The reason behind the permits is a) to collect the fees and b) to protect us from ourselves.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3201

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Hey I like "Congress shall make no law."

WHY can't we just leave it at that?
Then what would they do between vacations and golf games and campaign fundraisers?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

The reason behind the permits is a) to collect the fees and b) to protect us from ourselves.
And part of the fees goes towards paying people to clean up afterwards, because the protesters sure as heck won't.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #95

Quote:
And part of the fees goes towards paying people to clean up afterwards, because the protesters sure as heck won't.
My experience says differently, depending on the venue and the crowd. I work many special events in the SF Bay Area every year, I have done this for long enough to know that of which I speak. Two examples from my own experience:

In San Francisco after Pride? It is literally impossible to navigate the streets due to all of the trash and leavings of the weekend event. The City sends out fleets of street sweepers (not the guns- but the actual trucks) in large numbers and they spend hours afterwards sweeping up the streets of the hundreds and hundreds of tons of trash every year. This in addition to the many dozens of roll-off dumpsters that are over-filled by at least half their capacity. The City of San Francisco is paid handsomely for this service through their permitting fees. I would hate to see the results of this event if it were not so.

Contrast that to the San Jose Pride event (just this past weekend) that takes place every year at Discovery Park. We show up on Friday morning and other than a few other infrastructure vendors the place is deserted other than a city worker in a golf cart making sure that people don't drive over the sprinkler heads in the grass (all of which are marked by flags). On Monday morning, we show up again to take everything down, and the park is almost exactly as we left it the previous Friday, except for the dozen or so volunteers wandering around policing the area for trash. By Monday evening the park is nearly pristine, except for the matted grass and maybe a broken sprinkler or two.

I am not sure what the City of San Jose charges for permitting the event, but it is probably way, way too much given their costs.

Another event that I have no direct experience with (but was more legitimately a protest rather than a celebration) is the Restoring Honor rally a couple of years ago. From what I understand the National mall was left cleaner than it was before the event.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #96

Quote:
Then what would they do between vacations and golf games and campaign fundraisers?
Maybe we could bring back the good, old fashioned duel?
hamilton-burr-duel.jpg  

Quote:

Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #97

Liked 2391 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Quote:
Get drunk-er? There'd probably be a shortage of

working girls, that's for sure,