Real SHTF
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Real SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Real SHTF

Everyone is so worried about the SHTF, but there are a lot of things that make me shake my head and sigh.

How many would actually STAND UP AND FIGHT if it came down to it?

Do you have a safe house prepared?

You have 5 different guns and 1000 rounds for each of them... Yay, go you. Can you carry around that much? If you are running most likely a vehicle is going to be out of the question (this goes back to the safe house thing)

Do you have a cache?

How do you intend on killing wild game SILENTLY. You can't just go around shooting a .223 or .308 if you are hiding.

What about sustenance other than meat? Do you know the edible wild plants in your area?

Your wife is anti-gun, or unwilling to go into hiding. What do you do then? Take the kids and leave her? Stay with her? Man up and tell her she is coming regardless?

Do you have friends with the same sentiments? It is quite hard to fight a small army on your own (this is a more extreme scenario I understand that some do not think it will be that bad, it is simply an example)

Are you in shape or at least working on it? You can run a mile... That might not cut it, also, can you run that mile with you 50-100 pounds of gear.

can you build a shelter if need be?

You have a newborn, can you pacify your child in a situation in which you have to be very quiet. You have hyper active kids that you never make mind (not too likely on a gun forum) how are you going to make sure that they mind you in a terrible situation.

75% of your family has never shot a gun, does not like shooting guns, or is too young to shoot a gun. Can you provide for your entire family, or do you have people that can help you provide.

Are you prepared for 1 scenario, or 10? I am not saying awful things will happen, but WHAT IF?

Are you willing to die for your country? And I do not mean this backwards country we live in now, but our original country, when men were men, and 2nd amendment rights actually meant something!

Yes, I wear a tinfoil hat and I am proud of it. If the aliens come I am prepared to the best of my abilities, if they don't, I have a bunch of nifty toys

I really want feedback here, because, I am finding that I believe in the common man less and less. Men are wearing skinny jeans for goodness sakes, please, tell me there are still real men out there that are prepared.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

Samples.32 you are asking questions that few will be up for the counting.

I trust no man or woman today to stand up against a political correctness society anywhere in the world. Your own family might be your worst enemy.

When you are hi-jacked by aliens wherever not even your government will lift a finger to protect or assist you maybe to evacuate your body through diplomatic channels.

Even the soldiers and cops are under siege to conform to wide political believes and values.

I believe somewhere in the world a man (his family involved or even also injured or not I do not know as a fact) was executed/shot for having a shortened barrel shotgun by a whole unit of the gun control police unit. Brave unit that protect our right to life and defend ourselves specially out in the woods.

Scary stuff for me since the worst enemy is within our governmental bodies.

M2C

Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 533

First off I dont wear skinny jeans! couldnt get my calf through them lol! Second, you brought up alot of good points pepole often over look. Many pepole dont know how to live within there enviroment, i.e. make shelter, gather food, first aid to your family or yourself, what plants are ok and not ok. There are alot of folks who talk a big game but may not hack carrying there gear for a mile or 2. No matter what stage your at in being prepared there is always more to learn more to store and more time to be in better shape. I agree with you about the common man also, many men have become weak, both physical and mental. Our socitey has made us weak and submissive, it makes me sick! I am 24 and alot of pepole my age are very weak, i.e. they run from every bad thing that comes there way, they are ingnorant of the things going on in the world and are happy to just watch tv all day, and would possibly just rool over and die if threatened. What happened to us? What happened to the men who made this country what it is? Like what chareles bronson in death wish said, " I mean, if we're not pioneers, what have we become? What do you call people who, when they're faced with a condition or fear, do nothing about it, they just run and hide? "

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
Samples.32 you are asking questions that few will be up for the counting.

I trust no man or woman today to stand up against a political correctness society anywhere in the world. Your own family might be your worst enemy.

When you are hi-jacked by aliens wherever not even your government will lift a finger to protect or assist you maybe to evacuate your body through diplomatic channels.

Even the soldiers and cops are under siege to conform to wide political believes and values.

I believe somewhere in the world a man (his family involved or even also injured or not I do not know as a fact) was executed/shot for having a shortened barrel shotgun by a whole unit of the gun control police unit. Brave unit that protect our right to life and defend ourselves specially out in the woods.

Scary stuff for me since the worst enemy is within our governmental bodies.

M2C
Oh believe me I agree with you. I believe that if the s*** does hit the fan we will be against our own people.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes, there are still non-skinny jean wearing real men out here. And you are more likely to find that is the case here than if you were to ask the same question in a Craigslist post.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #6

Liked 1278 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 834

All of the OP points are good ones, BUT, how much time &/or $ can you afford preparing for something that may NEVER happen? Y2K.....I know a guy that spent a HUGE amount of time & money on that one.....I bet he's still eating his ****ing nito-packed beans to this day. It just depends on how much you want to gamble, and what form(s) of SHTF you think may happen, and If & how much you want to prepare.

As to the PC crap & people are pussies, agreed, we need less of that ****.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #7

Liked 1278 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 834

****, it's ***

Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Without going into detail, Samples, yes, I'm willing to fight under certain circumstances, and I've got my bases covered. Many folks here are in good shape. Most modern-day survivalists (a.k.a. "preppers") are, too.

The concern is the millions of people in urban areas who have no clue, no food/water preps, no BoLs, etc.; THEY are the ones who will get nasty when things start to fall apart.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #9

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

shattle tend to do that.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I fully plan of either bugging out to a stash I have tucked away, or fighting it out from my home. There are several neighbors who have talked about banding together and holding up in one defensible home to ride out the catastrophe, whatever it is.

There is strength in numbers and trusted friends are good to have when things turn sour.

As for the wife, that is what Valium is for!!

People get the government they deserve.