Real life SHTF story

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Real life SHTF story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 869 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 191

Default Real life SHTF story

Found this from another forum... it's pretty scary to read.

my shtf expirience-wartime - Survivalist Forum

The one thing that was resonating in my head after reading all 32 pages... His situation was fixed by the United States along with other countries. IF the SHTF worldwide, and everything is reduced to that level, it might take CENTURIES to recover.

Combined with watching after armageddon, this frightens me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Interesting read... I just spent about a half hour skimming through Selco's posts.

For those interested, it's a Bosnian guy (Selco) telling his day-to-day activities during SHTF scenario for one year of no electricity, no running water, no services of any kind, roaming gangs, scarce food, barter... strict survival stuff in an urban setting in the early 90's.

You can skip all posts except for his and get it... He answers dozens of good questions...

Guns, ammo, lighters, disinfectants, axes, food, medicines, etc...

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 10-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 869 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 191

Couple of things that were highlighted to me... official position from the govt, all is well

the absolute brutal life with ZERO available services, and the savage level that citizens resorted to, just to live.

we can talk about BOV, BOB, but when everybody starts doing the same thing, a few with plans, most without, that in itself will be an issue. That was one of the points I picked up from the after armageddon movie.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If anything good came out of the wild fires that hit Texas the recent months, it is the awareness of the affected folks of the need to prepare. A few people we spoke to are now making their BOB for similar events in the future. It is a good start.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That is a real life scary SHTF scenario.

Makes you wake up and prep more and at the same time makes you hope it never happens. Real scary.

You never can have enough preps/survival knowledge/mental mindset ability to adapt and survive.

Stay safe my friends.

OC

"magbum"