You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Quick its SHTF what gun(s) do u grab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 810 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Lets see I'm a disabled Iraqi freedom combat vet i was stationed in Texas and know where the asp is on several of the local bases I also know where some local caches of military weapons and vehicles are located on a few installations. In certain situations yes the military will be called out and into the field leaving behind many useful items because they didn't have the run up time to a deployment to pack up everything. I do not hardly ever play call of duty and I know what I'm talking about. And god help anyone who tries to take from me in a shtf situation because there is also a quarry right down the road where I can get explosives to build fougasses I also have my own privately owned weapons and ammo

Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

But if its a lasting situation where the military and police are ineffective and I'm left on my own I'm going shopping on the military bases for certain items to help improve my odds

Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #43

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter
But if its a lasting situation where the military and police are ineffective and I'm left on my own I'm going shopping on the military bases for certain items to help improve my odds
And ladies and gentlemen this is how people get shot in the face in a SHTF situation. Looters loot, stealers steal, but only a sociopath with a death wish attempts to work over a military base.
People Like This 
Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How about you read the book patriots it shows a clear example on what would happen in a hyper inflated economy. How many soldiers would be on base if they haven\'t been paid or if they were paid but its not enough to cover basic necessities most likely none they would go AWOL after looting everything they could from said military bases

Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3736 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'm just saying the whole thing is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of Katrina. So many people looting and taking everything they could. Guns confiscated, police scared to death, perhaps acting overly aggressively for small issues. I'm sure Trip could tell you all about it.

This is why people prep. So they don't have to resort to looting in a sh*tty situation like this. Be self sufficient and you might come out ok.

I also think its a fairly idiotic thing to be talking about looting a federal military compound on public forums. I'm not into conspiracy theories, no matter how appealing they might be, but given today's world I'd say posting nonsense like that could get you strung up pretty fast if you ever find yourself in court.

I don't care if you know where every ASP and every armory is on every base throughout the country. I also don't care if you succeed in doing it or not, saying how you plan on looting, especially a military base (regardless of the circumstances), is nothing short of idiocy.

Last edited by JW357; 09-03-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #46
Troll Scout

Liked 1205 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 736

I would be skeptical on telegraphing any measures or tactics prior to SHTF. Let alone banging the looting drum, assanine.

Looters and defilers are target #1.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #47

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Lets see I'm a disabled Iraqi freedom combat vet i was stationed in Texas
Okay so youve gone from stealing an M-4 an M-240b 1 claymore and 1 grenade from an active military base to entire "cold war caches" on a "disguised maintenance floor" to ammo from a military base that has been abandoned in a rushed deployment to "military weapons and vehicles" stored in "local caches" to "explosives for fougasses" stored in a local quarry to "unspecified items" on a military base that has been totally ransacked.

Let me get this straight that's 5 different times you're planning on stealing stuff from the military in a SHTF situation where they will be needing the same exact supplies weapons and vehicles you're stealing. Plus 1 armed robbery of a privately owned business for explosives?

Are there any kids you plan on using for body shields during all this? Do you plan on clubbing baby seals along the way?

You sir are an outstanding citizen.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-04-2013 at 01:39 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

*whew* you gents have been making me exercise my "like" button today.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm not talking shtf like minor stuff I'm talking about things where are entire way of life is at risk and there is a complete breakdown of everything. If you think that you and a couple of neighbors with ar 15 and aks are gonna stop the BGs that looted fully automatic military weapons and explosives from those same bases and band together to rape and pillage you are wrong. And anyway with all the taxes I've paid I think I've bought a few of those weapons on the bases

Old 09-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm not talking shtf like minor stuff I'm talking about things where are entire way of life is at risk and there is a complete breakdown of everything. If you think that you and a couple of neighbors with ar 15 and aks are gonna stop the BGs that looted fully automatic military weapons and explosives from those same bases and band together to rape and pillage you are wrong. And anyway with all the taxes I've paid I think I've bought a few of those weapons on the bases
If that's the case then so have I. You're no more entitled to them than I am. Probably less so since I'm still active duty and could very easily be issued one of those weapons. Otherwise, I have no claim to those weapons.

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole. You might wanna quit before you cave yourself in.

Also, regarding what I said earlier about those weapons being issued out. If you start looting from the military and the SHTF like you're talking about happens, the military is going to be some of the people protecting the country with those very weapons you would steal. You would be hindering their ability to do their job.

Also, and I know its not my business, but you've really pissed me off so I'm gonna go there - you say you're a disabled vet. I believe you. I have no reason not to. But I'm assuming your disability is enough for you to not be able to rejoin the military if you wanted to. Therefore for the purposes of this thread, you would be considered unfit for duty. That includes trumping around with an M240B. If you're disabled, you have no place trying to fight off gangs with a weapon like that when its stolen from the military. Let the military (you know, the guys still fit for duty...) deal with the gangs with the weapon you would steal.

Fu*king prick. I'm done with you. It's a*sholes like you that make the rest if us military types look bad.
People Like This