Question on mentally challenged thieves - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Question on mentally challenged thieves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

However, as long as the government is sucking 30% of my wages, I BETTER get a return from that in the form of welfare and food stamps if my job ever takes a dump.

If you don't tax me, I do not have a reasonable expectation of assistance. I'd be happy with that. Let's start with me keeping my social security tax.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I'd be happy with that. Let's start with me keeping my social security tax.
There is a one-time, irrevocable election to do just that, but i bleve it has to be on religious grounds. One of the firm's clients made that election, as did his spouse.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4361.pdf

http://www.crown.org/library/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=690

You need to be really, really sure.

Last edited by orangello; 07-13-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Show me...

Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Show me...
Check the form link & article for clergy types. I was not involved in the making of the clients' decision. I would not have approved on the basis that i feel my FICA deductions are basically charitable contributions that i might not otherwise take the time to make. That is how I feel about MY contributions, not yours.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Private citizens cannot opt out of SSI. At best, you can work for a company who provides a retirement fund for its employees and then you can not pay the tax. Joe citizen, however is screwed.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Private citizens cannot opt out of SSI. At best, you can work for a company who provides a retirement fund for its employees and then you can not pay the tax. Joe citizen, however is screwed.
The client i mentioned works for a private school that operates under some Christian principles. He and his wife are not public employees or public figures; how are they not "private citizens"?

BTW, i personally calculate the school's payroll tax deposits and payroll tax returns. I've had no complaints from the IRS about the "exempt wages".

They are very well insured by private insurance. (trade off)

Edit* Again, i'm not saying it is a great idea to do this election. Had i noticed it when i was young, i probably would've done it, though.

Last edited by orangello; 07-13-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Joe citizen is not an ordained minister. He tends bar, or works in a factory, or cubical farm, and he wants to keep the money he earns. Such an election is not available to him. Most people I know have been looking for it. Rumors of its existence have been perpetuated for as long as there have been workers tired of being taxed.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Joe citizen is not an ordained minister. He tends bar, or works in a factory, or cubical farm, and he wants to keep the money he earns. Such an election is not available to him. Most people I know have been looking for it. Rumors of its existence have been perpetuated for as long as there have been workers tired of being taxed.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this point. I don't know of very many people who have gone through with the election, primarily due to the generally conservative advice of tax accountants (i suppose). I will review the IRS requirements, but i see no reason why any religious person couldn't make this election as it isn't limited to ministers only.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As for my perspective on the use of a weapon and when to use it if some one is breaking and entering. Well if some one is breaking into my house, to me my mind set would be clear with no debate. If I decide to draw a weapon, there will be no conversation or attempt to talk or intimidate the person, if my laser sights are on their head, then to the best of my ability, that is where two rounds are going.

If I am approched on the street and I can see no way to avoid a confrontation and my mind set is that anther type of force is needed and that is the presentation of a weapon, there will be no debate, on presentation of the weapon there will be the presentation of at least 2 rounds in the air preceding to the subject, it all fall into the line of do not present a weapon unless you are 100% sure it's use is needed, dont talk or try to intimidate with it, just use it.

On the name of assault weapons, why are they called assault weapons,if you are defending your space, you are not assaulting any one, but defending, so why aren't they called defense weapons?The word assault implies that you are going to assault something, but if you are in the defense mode with one, they never call it a defense weapon, the report is always, defense was provided with an assault weapon.

Sorry, just had to be assine on the play of terminology

Layton