Propper Home Defense Shotgun "readyness" - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Propper Home Defense Shotgun "readyness"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Hey JD, I got your back.

I know this pic looks bad, gun pointed at camera with finger on the trigger. That's why I'm holding the camera, not the wife.
ahh hell you are all right! got a 1911 and one of the finest Plymouth's ever produced on your shirt.

Mopars and 1911's

Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 AM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I thought about pistol grips and all the tactical jazz, but what would that shotgun look like to a jury when the prosecutor holds it up and tells them what a "gun nut" you are? How you were so prepared you begged for it? The jury being filled up with anti gun morons and all........

Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

I thought about pistol grips and all the tactical jazz, but what would that shotgun look like to a jury when the prosecutor holds it up and tells them what a "gun nut" you are? How you were so prepared you begged for it? The jury being filled up with anti gun morons and all........
I've been thinking about that as well. The answer is (IMO) quite simple. A hunting weapon is designed to fulfill specific needs for whatever type of hunting you may be doing. A home defense weapon is not a 'hunting weapon'. It is designed to fulfill tactical needs for a specific scenario (ie, home defense). Those criteria are not the same, therefor the firearms are cosmetically different. But, their functionality (mechanical workings) is identical.

Saw a youtube video of a police officer trying to clear up the image of 'assault weapons'. I'll have to see if I can pull it up.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #34

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My wife has cats so we keep our 870 fully loaded in mag, but with chamber empty & action unlocked. That way if 1 of HER "furry little friends" step on the trigger guard-no harm no foul. We keep it laying beside bed & on shelf of computer desk. It takes very little time to rack the slide while picking it up. Naturally my defense handguns are fully loaded.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I too keep my tube loaded, but nothing in the chamber and action unlocked. Mainly I do this for my girlfriend's sanity.

Here is the video I was talking about. The guy talks for a few seconds, but the good stuff starts about 50 seconds deep.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #36

Liked 372 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Mines loaded, one in the chamber and safety on. Wouldn't do this if there were kids in the house. Mine are all grown up. No pets in house either. When grandkids are over, and they are still little, it's unloaded and put up.