Primitive snares *DANGER* - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Primitive snares *DANGER*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Wow TC, Close call, glad your OK. Sounds like a physics lesson in Potential and actualized stored NRG!

That the reason I stick with my 4 eyes instead of wearing Contacts or letting some idiot with a laser trim my lenses! I dont have to remember safety glasses, if I can see, I know Im wearing them! Cant tell you how many times a scratch on the polycarb lens of my glasses reminds me of how painful a scratch on my Eyeball would have been (or worse). I did have a tiny branch whip through once while patrolling at Ft Drum and just barely tore the lens, mucho pain for way too long! Rather have a finger half severed (Been there,) than a scratch on my eye!
Yeah, I was pretty helpless for about 4 days.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

since green limbs QUICKLY lose their "spring", the entire concept is silly, actually. forget the springy branch stuff, and stick to weighted traps, or "strangle themselves" set ups. Like loop for deer, set horizontally, 7 ft off of the ground.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonney View Post
since green limbs QUICKLY lose their "spring", the entire concept is silly, actually. forget the springy branch stuff, and stick to weighted traps, or "strangle themselves" set ups. Like loop for deer, set horizontally, 7 ft off of the ground.
7' off the ground ? how big are the deer in your part of the country ? What do you do with the saddles after you've snared these 7' foot "deer".

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

see? your ignorance is showing. :-) don't you know that deer raise up on their hindlegs to get apples and other food? you simply hang an apple, centered in the 18" loop of the snare cable, about a foot above it.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #15

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonney View Post
see? your ignorance is showing. :-) don't you know that deer raise up on their hindlegs to get apples and other food? you simply hang an apple, centered in the 18" loop of the snare cable, about a foot above it.
Oh I am ignorant of a whole bunch in this world. I read nothing of an apple in your post. Got any McClellans ?

NEVER FORGET