Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Prepping Tip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1728 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Default Seeds......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
In a time of "Gloom n Doom" , what things would most likely have high value and barter well..?

Seed..........!
Alcohol.............!
High capacity gun magazines...........!

By all means , add to this..!
By all means......You can't eat gold....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

dango Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

#1-Guns & ammo!!!!!!
Salt, sugar, canning supplies, vinegar, olive oil, T.P., spices, BATTERIES!, security services, smokeless and blackpowder, hand cranked tools and appliances, lots more stuff.

Read James Wesley, Rawles!!!!! I MEAN IT!

One of my preps is 2 Live Traps, got 'em from Tractor Supply Co., they had a 2fer $35.99 deal last fall! May still be available. Why not let critters come to you, instead of you always out huntin'!!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2734 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 16727

Wow , ^^ You really do mean it..!^^.And thanks and I will (James Wesley Rawles)..!

Prep ninja comes to mind , LOL , not you , but way some-one else.! LOL..!

Not really prepared to wipe my own butt , but Do play one on said forums , LOL..! I will have to get a link , too funny , LOL..! Yaul must see..LOL.!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #44

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Try coyote urine from Agway. I used it in good measure around where a regular group of anti-American dirty hippie protestors come weekly and some of them bring dogs. I'd arrive early and spread some of the pee around. The freaks had no idea what hit them but the dogs were going crazy and had to be led away. Weeks in a row. Think one of the useful idiots actually got bitten.

CHOMP. Poor thing got rabies. The dog that is, and the peace-coalition liberal had to be put to sleep...

Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1059 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

Here's a pick of the same starter trays from the beginning of this thread. This is mostly stuff for my backyard. I'll plant more in the big garden at my grandpa's on good Friday. Here I've got carrots, onions, broccoli, bell pepper, tomatoes, cabbage, string beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, zucchini, and cucumber.

garden.jpg

The watermelon, cantaloupe, and cuccumber will go in the big garden because they take up a lot of space. I'll add okra, speckled butter-beans, bumble bee beans, lima beans, sweat peas, potatoes, sweat potatoes, corn, radishes, red peppers, banana peppers, and jalapeno peppers to the big garden as well.

Most things like tomatoes and beans only take just a couple of plants to provide everything you need for the summer. You'll want to do more if you plan on canning or freezing for the winter. If you're new to gardening and are thinking about giving it a try, I suggest you pick out one or two vegetables that you eat a lot of and then try just a couple of plants. That'll give you some confidence and let you see that it really is very easy to do. Plants want to grow. All you really have to do is give them a spot to do it in. And there's nothing like walking out in the yard and picking supper off a vine.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In the scheme of things as it were , I have devised my own list of things necessary to indefinitely live a comfortable life style should the need arise.
It's not all that complicated , but does take time.
Basic list:
1-Water
2-Food
3-Shelter
4-Self defense
5-Creature Comforts

I find all these things necessary for a pleasurable life and not just an existence..! After the basics on how to stay alive , we also need to nurture
our moral , some psychological spirit food is as important as food and water.
A reason to carry on with a smile. We are not robots and need to free the spirits as well.What this spirit food is , is as individual as the unique person their selves
After the how to,s , plan on the why to,s , it's just as important to keep that smile..!.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Try coyote urine from Agway. I used it in good measure around where a regular group of anti-American dirty hippie protestors come weekly and some of them bring dogs. I'd arrive early and spread some of the pee around. The freaks had no idea what hit them but the dogs were going crazy and had to be led away. Weeks in a row. Think one of the useful idiots actually got bitten.

CHOMP. Poor thing got rabies. The dog that is, and the peace-coalition liberal had to be put to sleep...
Mighty danged cooperative "Yotes" ya got there..! Need pics on gettin "Urine"?Eeeek..!